PDA

View Full Version : NFL Week 15

Non_Comformist
12-19-2004, 05:09 PM
So far I think the biggest games were the Jets beating the Seahawks, a huge loss for them, and the Chiefs beating the Broncos, which may keep them out of the wild card.

Exciting game in Detroit right now against the Vikings. 27-28 pending extra point 8 seconds left.

craig r
12-19-2004, 05:14 PM
This may be a dumb question...but can two wildcards come out of the same division?

craig

Non_Comformist
12-19-2004, 05:15 PM
Yes wild card is based entirely on record.

Michael Davis
12-19-2004, 05:16 PM
What a premonition.

-Michael

Non_Comformist
12-19-2004, 05:17 PM
The extra point is no longer pending. Wow, the Lions really do suck.

I think Harrington has one more season to do something before they give up on him. He may only have 1/2 of next season. They are truly a horrible team though.

Oski
12-19-2004, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think Harrington has one more season to do something before they give up on him. He may only have 1/2 of next season. They are truly a horrible team though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tice is still a moron.

Vikings had ball on 11 yard line; 3rd and 2. 1:40 left in game, Lions NO timeouts.

Here is what a good coach does: He tells the running back that if he breaks for a first down, he needs to get down. Stop running, even if the endzone is makeable. In this spot, Lions cannot stop the clock.

All Vikes have to do is run clock down to 0:05 and kick game winner.

Instead, Vikes score TD and leave time on the clock for their Defense to blow the game.

There was no excuse for that bad coaching. The game should have been locked up, but they had to rely on the Lions to screw up the PAT.

Dumb. Tice should be packing his bags this weekend.

Note: I did not lay the 3 points, so this is not motivated by Vikes not covering. I bet them on the moneyline and also in a teaser.

Non_Comformist
12-19-2004, 05:24 PM
Big game in Green Bay with the Packers hosting the Jaguars.

The Jaguars scored on there opening drive. They are still fighting for the last wild card spot so this is pretty much a must win with Buffalo & The NYJ winning and Denver losing.

craig r
12-19-2004, 05:43 PM
Big game for the packers also. if they lose this week and next week against MIN, i think they will be a WC. And they have to go on the road next week to MIN.

craig

NLSoldier
12-19-2004, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Big game for the packers also. if they lose this week and next week against MIN, i think they will be a WC. And they have to go on the road next week to MIN.

[/ QUOTE ]

The packers WILL NOT win next week in MIN. No need to worry about that.

Non_Comformist
12-19-2004, 05:54 PM
I actually don't think much of GB this year. They strike me as a team on the downswing, still able to beat mediocre teams. I don't expect them to win a playoff game this year. Home or away.

Non_Comformist
12-19-2004, 05:56 PM
This a huge game for Jacksonville now. Basically one spot left in the AFC. I'm not certain but I would think this is an elimination game for them. If not absoultely than realisticaly.

Non_Comformist
12-19-2004, 06:36 PM
Jaguars score again on a Leftwhich to Smith TD pass.

My opinion Jaguars hold to win 17-10

craig r
12-19-2004, 06:37 PM
Hopefully.

As an aside, Leftwich is one tough motherfuger.

craig

CrazyEyez
12-19-2004, 06:45 PM
Here is what a good coach does: He tells the running back that if he breaks for a first down, he needs to get down. Stop running, even if the endzone is makeable.

I think that's insane.
1) A field goal is FAR from a given
2) If you can't stop Joey H. from going the length of the field and scoring a TD with 1:40 and no timeouts, then your team is a piece of sh!t (They didn't, and it is.)
3) If that's what a good coach does, why has that scenario never taken place in the history of the NFL?

Non_Comformist
12-19-2004, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully.

As an aside, Leftwich is one tough motherfuger.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot like Steve Mcnair

Oski
12-19-2004, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here is what a good coach does: He tells the running back that if he breaks for a first down, he needs to get down. Stop running, even if the endzone is makeable.

I think that's insane.
1) A field goal is FAR from a given
2) If you can't stop Joey H. from going the length of the field and scoring a TD with 1:40 and no timeouts, then your team is a piece of sh!t (They didn't, and it is.)
3) If that's what a good coach does, why has that scenario never taken place in the history of the NFL?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) No kidding; but with Morten Andersen, its pretty close;
2) Exactly. That is why you do what I suggested;
3) A good coach knows that the goal is to win the game. Therefore, you make choices that give your team the best chance. Case in point: Tenn should have won on Monday night. They did not because Fisher went for a FG on 4th and 1 inside the 10 - EVEN though his team had not stopped KC all night. The play was to go for the first down.

So ... in today's game, you have a totally [censored] defense and the Lion's offense had just shown signs of life. You don't give them the ball back.

You run the clock down, and kick the FG.

billyjex
12-19-2004, 08:16 PM
That dude in Green Bay just got laid out hard with that clothesline..

Scary. He's been on the ground for 10 minutes.

Non_Comformist
12-19-2004, 08:18 PM
Damn that was wicked

Peca277
12-19-2004, 08:39 PM
LETS GO PACKERS!!! (could really care less about them, but I need Jacksonville to lose for the Bills' chances) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Non_Comformist
12-19-2004, 08:45 PM
Big win for the Jaguars. It's going to come down between them and the Bills for the final spot.

Peca277
12-19-2004, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Big win for the Jaguars. It's going to come down between them and the Bills for the final spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, they beat the Bills on the very last play of the game early in the season so they've got the advantage. At least the AFC doesn't have teams below .500 in the playoff race.

MarkL444
12-20-2004, 05:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like you didnt even watch this game

NLSoldier
12-20-2004, 05:17 AM
Packers SUCK! Favre SUCKS. 3 picks in the 2nd half! Vintage brett fav-re right there folks.

Worst. QB. Ever.

(yes i know im gonna get flamed for rippin on favre but im drunk and ive hated him my whole life and i seriosly enjoy a packer loss more than i enjoy a viking win, and going to my first viking-packer game this friday is goin to be the absolute NUTS!)

MarkL444
12-20-2004, 05:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Packers SUCK! Favre SUCKS. 3 picks in the 2nd half! Vintage brett fav-re right there folks.

Worst. QB. Ever.

(yes i know im gonna get flamed for rippin on favre but im drunk and ive hated him my whole life and i seriosly enjoy a packer loss more than i enjoy a viking win, and going to my first viking-packer game this thursday is goin to be the absolute NUTS!)

[/ QUOTE ]

friday?

NLSoldier
12-20-2004, 05:20 AM
huh?

NLSoldier
12-20-2004, 05:21 AM
oh ya my bad, its on friday which is xmas eve. my days have been all [censored] up cause i dont have class cause of finals which [censored] blow btw

NLSoldier
12-20-2004, 05:43 AM
BTW, Rounder041 is comin to the game with mee, adn if he goes to bed without backin me up in thes thread i am givin his ticket to someone else!

MarkL444
12-20-2004, 05:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, Rounder041 is comin to the game with mee, adn if he goes to bed without backin me up in thes thread i am givin his ticket to someone else!

[/ QUOTE ]

your team needs to quit wasting their potential draft pick status

Rounder041
12-20-2004, 05:50 AM
Ok, basically, it is as obvious as it comes that the Vikes WILL beat teh stupid packers. You know this is the most important game ofteh year and that Randy Ratio is going to dominate. And so clearly, the ticket is not up for grabs.
GO VIKES

NLSoldier
12-20-2004, 05:51 AM
OMG dude who is your team!??!?! judging by location it looks like detroit! too bad detroit cant beat us even when we pull our usual cahrade of trying as hard as we possibly can to give the game away!

I hope you guys plan on using your fisrt round pikc on a long snappeR!

MarkL444
12-20-2004, 06:03 AM
im not going to defend my team by saying that they are better than such and such or whatever. i will say that they are one of the most 'on the up' teams in the league, and i expect them to be a solid contender for several years to come.

NLSoldier
12-20-2004, 06:11 AM
I agree they are on the come up. I will even say that tehy are eaasily the 2nd coolest team in the division.

MarkL444
12-20-2004, 06:14 AM
draft kevin jones in your fantasy leagues next year. early 2nd round if you have to, trust me.