PDA

View Full Version : Spamming out of control at Party

Cubswin
12-19-2004, 04:53 PM
Five times this weekend, five different spammers have reared their ugly heads at my tables at Party. All 5 times i reported them to alerts. Things are really out of hand there. Is there really a good reason why:

1) Observor chat needs to be enabled on any table

2) URL links written in the chat link need to be clickable

I cant be the only one getting their panties in a bundle over the ammount of chat spam there... can I?

cubs

Hermlord
12-19-2004, 04:59 PM
I feel your pain, man. These things are pissing me off too. But I have to say I don't wear panties -- that's kinda weird man /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think making URLs unclickable is a little extreme though, there are plenty of good reasons to pass URLs around. Is spamming against PP's terms? If it is, I'll start reporting all these guys, but somehow I doubt it is.

On a somewhat related note, if you complain about someone to Empire (for example) but that person is playing through Party, they will pass that complaint along, right? They must, but does someone know this for sure?

GrannyMae
12-19-2004, 05:15 PM
2) URL links written in the chat link need to be clickable

playing only a rare SnG there, i did not know that the URL's were clickable. i can't even begin to imagine why they would have that enabled unless they promote their own offers and events with this tool. do they?

if not, this sure makes no sense

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/ie5.gif

Adde
12-19-2004, 05:16 PM
At least 3 of them were the same guy with different accounts, spamming the same website (pokerchamps). Also, another one was not that clever when providing a link to a website that revealed his party affiliate code.

No need for URLs in the chat at all - party should censor them.

Adde

lorinda
12-19-2004, 05:16 PM
Just report them.

Here's my latest casualty.

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Lori,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like you to know that, we here at partypoker have a strict no spam policy
irrespective of the individuals involved.

Should you ever find anyone using our chat feature to promote any kind of commercial activity or organization(in fact we do not
allow our affiliates to spam, and incase we come to know that any of our affiliates are involved in spamming we revoke their
affiliate status) please bring it to our notice.

Regarding this case, we have warned the player involved and as a first time warning have blocked his chat for 10 days. Should he be
found indulging in such incidents in the feature we will be left with no option but to disable his chat feature.

Thank you for bringing this to our notice. If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at
alerts@PartyPoker.com and we will be more than glad to assist you.

Best regards,
Jathin Paladugu,
Investigations Team

[/ QUOTE ]

Lori

Adde
12-19-2004, 05:41 PM
we have warned the player involved and as a first time warning have blocked his chat for 10 days

Sadly enough, this won't affect the savvy spammers that create a new dummy account when blocked.

Adde

AncientPC
12-19-2004, 06:06 PM
While clearing the $200 Party bonus I came across a guy spamming www.partypokercracked.com (http://www.partypokercracked.com) (yes the pattern mapper e-book) a few times.

I was amused and annoyed at the same time . . .

ctv1116
12-19-2004, 08:25 PM
Well, I wouldn't want to block observer chat; there can be no zoo sweat without good railbird chat.

moondogg
12-19-2004, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
we have warned the player involved and as a first time warning have blocked his chat for 10 days

Sadly enough, this won't affect the savvy spammers that create a new dummy account when blocked.

Adde

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a guy on RGP offering party players something like $5 or $10 an hour to spam for him in the chabox, because you only get your chat banned temporarily.

Losing all
12-19-2004, 10:53 PM
Simple solution- don't allow play moneyers to chat on real money tables. I doubt these jagovs are setting up dummy spam accounts with money in them.

and yes, my panties are bunched too.

MicroBob
12-19-2004, 11:25 PM
I wear boxers...but IF I wore panties they would certainly be all bunchied about this.

Completely agree....it's really getting bad.

Playing 3 or 4 party tables the other morning from 4a-6a (have I mentioned that my sleep schedule is all messed up??) I had the same guy show up on my various tables 4 or 5 times for his party rake-back program. Even told one guy "all you need to do is set up a new account".

I reported him 3 different times....when he returned to the table 20 minutes later I just felt obligated to tell party again.

I didn't get any kind of response from party.
The 3rd e-mail I sent was to alerts@partypoker, info@partypoker and affiliates@partypoker. If 'alerts' was out to lunch I wanted 'affiliates' to know about this guy.

I still never heard back from them.
thankfully, I haven't seen that guy again either. And I think I would recognize his language and style if he did the same thing with a different name.

I hope that guy didn't receive just a 10-day chat-ban.

Terry
12-20-2004, 12:33 AM
I reported two last week; got a very appreciative reply both times.

Count me in for no clickable links in chat.

I hope Party realizes that these guys are attempting to either take the players to another site for affiliate sign ups or are going to try to have them open another Party account to get a rake back deal ... Party loses either way.

SamJack
12-20-2004, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Five times this weekend, five different spammers have reared their ugly heads at my tables at Party. All 5 times i reported them to alerts. Things are really out of hand there. Is there really a good reason why:

1) Observor chat needs to be enabled on any table

2) URL links written in the chat link need to be clickable

I cant be the only one getting their panties in a bundle over the ammount of chat spam there... can I?

cubs

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 4 tables and I guess it's good thing, cause I have no time to notice the chats.

SamJack

slavic
12-20-2004, 06:11 AM
You know you can turn off observer chat right?

Soleo
12-20-2004, 06:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You know you can turn off observer chat right?

[/ QUOTE ]
We may write to Party and ask them to make observer chat disabled by default. I will try to suggest this to them.

Lazymeatball
12-20-2004, 09:35 AM
I noticed the same SPAM while working on my bonus this weekend. I also saw the same SPAM on Interpoker as I saw on Party, I reported it on Party and got no reply.

CORed
12-20-2004, 01:13 PM
Almost as annoying as affilliate spam is panhandling. There seems to be less of it latlely, but for awhile, you couldn't sit at a 15/30 table without some railbird asking somebody to transfer $50 to him.

morgan180
12-20-2004, 01:51 PM
I saw the beat party poker spam and the pokerchamps spam. I reported them both and got nice if somewhat vague replies.

If they're going to make some changes to the chat to block URLs maybe they could disable chat while people are all in as well. That is one of my favorite poker stars features.

jmrogers7
12-20-2004, 03:10 PM
This bugs me as well. In addition to the partypokercracked and the PokerChamps spam I also kept seeing one for some discount magazine URL. Aggravating. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

balkii
12-20-2004, 06:30 PM
party usually fires me back a timely email telling me their chat has been blocked. I report it every time I see it. go party!

null
12-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Bumping this thread because the spam just doesn't seem to be letting up...the spam of the day seems to be this retard:

"rds850: I'm done playing here. He's probably using http://www.cheatonpoker.com" (http://www.cheatonpoker.com)

I don't think spam on party/skins has ever been as bad as it's been lately.

UncleDuke
12-27-2004, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know you can turn off observer chat right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know this. After checking again just now, I still don't see where this option is. Where is it, please? This would be especially nice for sngs where, for some reason, obnoxious people like to chime in frequently.

Thanks,
UD

Reef
12-27-2004, 10:03 PM
right click in the chat area

Keith Fellmy
12-28-2004, 05:46 PM
I was playing at Party yesterday to clear the COMPBONUS bonus. I had at least 7 spammers on the 4 tables I was playing. Incredible.

jdl22
12-28-2004, 05:49 PM
I think they don't care. When you report someone they only stop them from chatting for ten days. Sure they could simply open a new account anyway, but why have a policy of tolerance when someone is clearly spamming. I had the same guy hit 3 of my tables the other day and when I reported him they cut it for 10 days they said.

SwordFish
12-28-2004, 06:41 PM
The easiest solution to this problem is what is done at Stars. Observers can not chat at ring game tables unless they have the minimum buy-in for that table in their account. Stars instituted this policy to stop beggars at the higher limits, but it would serve the same purpose. The majority of these spammers are probably using play money accounts that they create daily, so they do not care if their chat gets banned.

SF

GrannyMae
12-28-2004, 06:45 PM
The easiest solution to this problem is what is done at Stars. Observers can not chat at ring game tables unless they have the minimum buy-in for that table in their account.

i did not know of this change. what a great idea!

i would still like to know why the links are active in chat at party. has anybody ever actually asked party why?

i can't think of a single advantage for the site

Lazymeatball
12-29-2004, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dear Lazymeatball,

We thank you for bringing this to our notice. We have taken necessary action in regards to the
player "woodstew". We have taken away his user chat feature and sent him a warning.

We strictly do not encourage any activity that would cause inconvenience to other players.

We are glad to have players like you, who care for PartyPoker.com integrity. If you have any
further questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at alerts@PartyPoker.com and we will be more
than glad to assist you.

Best regards,

Betty Morrison,