PDA

View Full Version : Pocket pair - best flop play

soko
12-19-2004, 02:28 PM
I've ran in to this situation a few times already and want to know if I am doing the right thing.

Say I have TT or any high pair, flop comes 9 6 3 or similiar with a 2 flush and my stack is about half of the table average.

What is the correct move vs 1 oppoenent if it is checked to me, what if it is checked to me with 1 opponent left to act? Check folding seems way too weak on a rag flop like this. I am playing 5+1 NL SNG

bigredlemon
12-19-2004, 03:42 PM
you forgot the blinds and how much of your stack is in the pot

soko
12-19-2004, 05:12 PM
It's a general question, so any level blinds and it's on the flop so consider I either limped or raised 3xBB.

wegs the wegs
12-19-2004, 05:30 PM
Long Answer: Depends on what type of read you have on him, it really does depend on how high the blinds are and how many BB you have left in your stack, it depends on how many players are left, how big your opponents stack size is, how quickly the blinds are coming up on you, and basically your overall gut instinct that your hand ranks against him.

Short Answer: Push

pooh74
12-19-2004, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a general question, so any level blinds and it's on the flop so consider I either limped or raised 3xBB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I does matter...IOW how deep is your stack? if you're under 10BBs after flop, its an autopush for me...especially at this buyin level...if have say 600 in chips left and you're at level 1 still (often see widely varying stack sizes already at level in 5$ buyin) i would lay down a pot size bet and depending on what happens, id go from there...if a tight solid player raises back at me, id seriously consider folding if he called my 3BB raise pf...if loosey goosey plays back at me or cold calls, ill go in on the turn depending on the card that comes.

pooh

willperkins
12-19-2004, 05:52 PM
Not enough information for me to give an answer. I need to know how much the blinds are, how much is in the pot and how much do I have.

If I have 1/2 of the table average, and the table average is t800 and the blinds are 25/50, I will push in these situatuions. I am assuming the pot is t175 with two players and t225 with three players. I would want to bet the pot to win it right now and since a pot sized bet is more that 40% of my stack, I would push.

However if the the binds are 10/20 and the pot is either t70 or t90 then I would just bet the pot.