PDA

View Full Version : no pair heads up and out of position

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-19-2004, 02:20 PM
Is there a standard line for hands like this? Folded to you in the SB with AQ or AK, you raise, BB calls. You flop no pair. From your read on BB, you expect he will call down with any pair and call with most draws. If you check, he will bet any pair, a decent draw, or you think he will bet if he senses weakness. I've run into this situation a few times in the past couple days and I always feel like I'm spewing chips.

naphand
12-19-2004, 02:34 PM
Make sure you are raising with more than just these big hands, especially hands like K9s and JTo so that when the flop comes no A/K they cannot automatically assume you have no pair.

Try CR the flop a few times as well, just so they are nervous about betting whenever you do check.

William Jockusch
12-20-2004, 07:53 AM
Generally lead the flop. If raised you will usually go into calling station mode. If the board texture gets ugly, you should fold.

For instance if the flop comes 972 rainbow, I would bet and call a raise. I would then check the turn and call with most turn cards, but would fold if it came T, 8, or 6. Of course I would raise if the turn paired me.