PDA

View Full Version : 88 flopped a set, how to extract the most money ?

stonecold
12-19-2004, 01:30 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (10 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Just entered the game, no read.

I really dont like how i played this hand.

I fee like i didnt extract as many bets as possible and want comment about how i should play this one.

One thought, i got the button and because of this should i have called instead of raising flop ?

smoore
12-19-2004, 01:58 PM
I call the flop and hope for a blank on the turn so he bets and I raise there. With that A, you might have gotten the most money in when you could anyway as he may not bet his Q(?) when it comes. No way you could have known that it would come though.

krishanleong
12-19-2004, 02:37 PM
This line is fine. So is calling the flop and raising the turn.

The things you need to consider on the flop are. How many draws are there? The more draws there are, the more likely the flop better will check the turn. In your case, Q high on an uncoordinated board is a good wait till turn board. Only an Ace or King may freeze him up.

You don't have to worry abot being overtaken. Your pot equity is huge on the flop and will be huge on the turn also.

Hoss1193
12-19-2004, 02:39 PM
I don't see any problem with your play here. A flop smooth-call or turn check-raise attempt seem more likely to me to have resulted in LESS money in the pot than you wound up getting. 12BB is a pretty good pot to take down with a flopped set, in my opinion.

(I assume you won this; from the betting patterns here, it seems very unlikely that anyone held AA, QQ, or ran down a backdoor club flush.)