PDA

View Full Version : poker chips for the home game

duecessuited
12-19-2004, 01:00 PM
i see everyone on here getting chips from ebay and rip off places like 5stardeal...i've been looking around and found a pretty good place to get chips, some of the lines are expensive, but i've ordered sample packs and found the quality and speed of delivery to be very good, here's the link. buypokerchips.com (http://buypokerchips.com)

DerryABU
12-19-2004, 01:47 PM
It's always nice to have a stranger come on this forum and tell everyone how dumb they have been for not using a certain site and how much of a rip off places like 5stardeal and Ebay are.
For example 500 Nexgen without a case $189 at buypokerchips.com versus the same set with a case for $140 on both 5star and Ebay here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63760&item=6139261 588&rd=1&ssPageName=WD2V).
Do the words SPAM spring to mind anyone. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

grandgnu
12-19-2004, 05:58 PM
5stardeal has great prices and service, take a hike ya jackoff!

duecessuited
12-19-2004, 07:39 PM
i guess i'm a spammer becuase i just registered?..ohh well....i thought for a second that you guys would like some info on great chips...not just the chaep ones like the nexgen or the typical 11.5 gram chips...for you're info i'm not a spammer, i dont work for the company i gave a link to, and i guess next time i'll just keep my mouth shut ya jag off!

DerryABU
12-19-2004, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i thought for a second that you guys would like some info on great chips...not just the chaep ones like the nexgen or the typical 11.5 gram chips

[/ QUOTE ]
Most of the people on this forum obviously know more about quality chips than you if you can come out with the above statement.
Buypokerchips Archetype chips are chipco chips which can be bought for over a hundred dollars cheaper elswhere.
Their Neophytes are merely standard six stripe chips with a sticker,at $139 for 300 which can be had for $45 for 300 from 5stardeal.
And the Modern clay are more expensive than most custom chips of the same quality.

Maybe if you didn't start your post by telling everyone how they are buying from rip off outlets,when the site you recomend is more expensive than both Ebay and 5stardeal.
How are these places ripping people off when they are selling the same products for less.
In the future if you don't want derision,try not telling people who have knowledge on these issues that they are being ripped off.

Slacker13
12-19-2004, 09:45 PM
With the exception of my poker table I have bought every chip I own through 5stardeal. They have great prices and they have my product at my door in just a few days in most cases. Your a buffoon.

DerryABU
12-19-2004, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your a buffoon

[/ QUOTE ]
I couldn't agree more. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pukenpete
12-19-2004, 10:02 PM
If you're not a spammer, welcome to this forum and enjoy. But be warned: the people here are quite opinionated and for the most part very well informed.

Unfortunately, this isn't the first time someone came on this site and touted the greatness of buypokerchips.com. Yes, other sites get mentioned too, but this is at least the 3rd time that I can remember it happening for this site specifically and your post looks like an ad. Yet every single time, the poster can't explain why everything at this website costs more. I remember they used to have ASM chips for like $1.50 each when they were available (and customizable!) at several other sites for less than a buck. One of your predecessors actually claimed he was only helping us to make informed decisions about chips, yet so many of his posts were deleted by the moderator. Crazy at it sounds, but I would probably never buy anything for that website and it's mostly to do with price. These suspicious posts simply add fuel to the fire.

grandgnu
12-19-2004, 10:29 PM
Sorry man, super pet peeve of mine. Seems like with the advent of the Internet every Tom, Dick and Harry doesn't understand the use of a contraction anymore. *sigh*

Suited Deuce
12-20-2004, 10:32 AM
Not only that, but you pseudo-highjacked my screen name?!?!?!? That is NOT cool. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Johnny5
12-20-2004, 10:51 AM
Drives me nuts too! Forget about contraction, what about basic spelling?

J5

pukenpete
12-20-2004, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
your post looks like an ad.

[/ QUOTE ]

The word "your" is used in the possessive.

[ QUOTE ]
One of your predecessors actually claimed

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, this is possessive.

"You're" is short for "you are."

If you're (you are) going to flame someone, please be right next time. I could point out the very real mistakes in your (possessive) posts, but I will spare you further embarrassment.

TenPercenter
12-20-2004, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
your post looks like an ad.

[/ QUOTE ]

The word "your" is used in the possessive.

[ QUOTE ]
One of your predecessors actually claimed

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, this is possessive.

"You're" is short for "you are."

If you're (you are) going to flame someone, please be right next time. I could point out the very real mistakes in your (possessive) posts, but I will spare you further embarrassment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know which one they were talking about, but the one I noticed was the "Your a buffoon" one. I have a nasty habit of mispelling werds all the time so I don't like to pick on other people about it.

Ten

grandgnu
12-20-2004, 06:27 PM
POSTED BY SLACKER 13[ QUOTE ]
With the exception of my poker table I have bought every chip I own through 5stardeal. They have great prices and they have my product at my door in just a few days in most cases. Your a buffoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the post I was talking about. Don't call someone a buffoon (even if they are) unless you can do it with proper grammar. Otherwise you wind up looking like a buffoon.

Kinda like "ur retaded ya losor"

razor
12-23-2004, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't call someone a buffoon (even if they are) unless you can do it with proper grammar. Otherwise you wind up looking like a buffoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this nonsense sure sucks...

It sucks almost as much as people who don't take the time to reply to the correct post or fail to quote the post (or portion thereof) they are referring to.

grandgnu
12-23-2004, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't call someone a buffoon (even if they are) unless you can do it with proper grammar. Otherwise you wind up looking like a buffoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this nonsense sure sucks...

It sucks almost as much as people who don't take the time to reply to the correct post or fail to quote the post (or portion thereof) they are referring to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your Mother! w00t! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PinataUT
12-23-2004, 01:51 PM
NICE use of quotes.