PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Club Wait lists

josie_wales
12-19-2004, 09:50 AM
Anyone else never able to stay on a wait list at TGC?

I am on there for a minute...or a few seconds....or whatever...

Then POOF...gone.

I remember this was the case when i used to play there before I stopped after the 'tournament-cheater-fiasco'

And that was last year....it still doesnt work for me /images/graemlins/frown.gif

jw

Izaak_Walton
12-19-2004, 10:05 AM
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have no idea what makes the difference.

ipp147
12-19-2004, 10:15 AM
While we are on the subject. I can't get on the wait list for just s/handed tables. I either have to do it individually or just do next table with upto 5 people and hope its a s/handed one that I get offered

Izaak_Walton
12-19-2004, 10:33 AM
I need to correct my previous post--when I said "sometimes works, sometimes doesn't", I was referring to individual table selection. The waiting list button in the lobby is always "dark" and doesn't work at all (for me at least). When you double click and get taken to an individual table (which of course is full) there is only the option to "subscribe" to that particular table--there is no "next available table" choice. Then when you subscribe to several tables, some of them notify you of vacancies as they occur, and some are never heard from again.

Gaming Club
12-19-2004, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyone else never able to stay on a wait list at TGC?

I am on there for a minute...or a few seconds....or whatever...

[/ QUOTE ]
We’re busy testing this and it seems to be fine, but will also have Prima look into this as well just to be sure.

[ QUOTE ]

While we are on the subject. I can't get on the wait list for just s/handed tables. I either have to do it individually or just do next table with upto 5 people and hope its a s/handed one that I get offered

[/ QUOTE ]
We don’t think this is so much an error than it is a functionality issue. We’ll mention this to Prima to see if if more table selection criteria can be included to the waiting list functionality.

[ QUOTE ]

I need to correct my previous post--when I said "sometimes works, sometimes doesn't", I was referring to individual table selection. The waiting list button in the lobby is always "dark" and doesn't work at all (for me at least). When you double click and get taken to an individual table (which of course is full) there is only the option to "subscribe" to that particular table--there is no "next available table" choice. Then when you subscribe to several tables, some of them notify you of vacancies as they occur, and some are never heard from again.

[/ QUOTE ]
We hope that we understand you correctly here Izaak, but if you just highlight a table in the lobby by clicking once, the Waiting List button will become clickable. Once you’ve done that the box will pop up and give you the option of either a) Subscribing to that table or b) All tables of a similar type. If you select tables of a similar type, it will add you to the waiting list for all tables that are of the same type. Note that you can also select that a table has to have X amount of seats filled as well.