PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 of my 5/10 Party Poker experience

wahooriver
12-19-2004, 06:42 AM
When I moved up to Party 5/10 6 max, I started to record my observations in a weekly update. I have received excellent critiques of those observations as I adjust to 5/10. I hope this series is helpful to those either just starting or considering starting the 5/10 game.

Once again my caveats - I only play 1 5/10 table at a time (although I often have another game of either 1/2 or Paradise 3/6 going at the same time).

I use GameTime + (probably worth .5-1 BB/100).

This weeks stats:

2771 hands
+79 BB (2.85 BB/100)
VP$IP - 26%
PFR - 9.6%
PFAg - 1.55

Observations

I had a good week - some ups, some downs. Biggest downturn was 50 BB.

I worked very hard this week on making a slight improvement to aggression. I accomplished this by loosening my PFR a bit (adding KJ and Ax suited when in the right situation especially).

One readers suggested that I probably was not going for blind steals enough. Thus, I did selectively increase my blind stealing attempts - to great success.

Attempts to steal blind - 18%
Won w/o showdown - 44% (20% no flop)

I do continue to allow opponents to do some of my work for me. If I think I probably have the best hand - and their betting seems to be helping me, I do just call.

I have been thinking about this a lot. How often to I accumulate extra bets in this situation by calling? How often to I get sucked out?

So this week I plan to continue this exploration - and try a few new things.

So overall results after 3 weeks:

+159 BB in 8600 hands

===============

My great thanks to all the posters here who are my guides, the creators of Poker Tracker and GameTime +, and all the fish and LAGs who play at Party Poker.

helpmeout
12-19-2004, 08:10 AM
You have to be much more aggressive preflop.

Open raise with many more hands in late position even with 1 weak limper.

I'll openraise with A7o K9o QTo in CO.

I'll raise those with 1 weak limper on the button. K9o sometimes with 2 if they are particularly weak postflop.

You want to aim for 13-16PFR and 27-32ish for steals.

The great thing about stealing or raising in late position is that you can take freecards on the flop or turn, which is a big advantage.

A lot of times they'll pickup a trash pair on the flop you bet take a freecard and pickup a better pair by the river.