PDA

View Full Version : New to HH&SH - 99 when A flops

Luv2DriveTT
12-18-2004, 11:33 PM
Boy do I hate my play here. I'm just beinging to perfect my limit HU play, I need some help.

1) I bet the flop here, correct?
2) Check the turn? Did my bet suck?
3) Its safe to assume Villain has a low A or a flush draw. Is this the right time for a bet to push out AA? Villain seems to be a calling station, not enough data on him yet to determine, its still the first orbit.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (5.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 5.75 BB

Alobar
12-18-2004, 11:52 PM
well this is actually a full handed table, so youll get better responses if you post it in the SmallStakes thread.

I prolly just check/fold the turn, if he checks behind and a blank comes on the river, id check/call

Jeff W
12-19-2004, 12:10 AM
This forum is geared towards shorthanded tables.

1. I always bet any flop heads up after raising pre flop. I think it's a good policy.

2. Borderline. If he has a made hand you're beat, but that flop hits a lot of drawing hands. If you're ahead, you don't want to give up a decent sized pot.

3. Push out a pair of aces at 2/4? I doubt this works at 15/30.

Luv2DriveTT
12-19-2004, 01:19 AM
Sorry guys, I thought Heads Up play is included in this forum, I didn't know that means full table play is excluded when it's heads up on the flop. Excuse the error /images/graemlins/blush.gif

For the record, villain has A2o... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Blake Lovely
12-19-2004, 02:12 AM
I think your line is fine here. Alot of it is player dependent, but heads up with a pair VS an ace i take that line alot. especially if my PP is higher.