PDA

View Full Version : Good Semi Bluff?

lehighguy
12-18-2004, 10:58 PM
Party 5/10 6max

Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Raises
UTG+1 cold calls (HE IS VERY LOOSE)

Flop is A,4,2 one diamond. Hero bets, UTG+1 calls.
Turn: Rag diamond. Normally I would check fold but with that flush draw I'm gonna represent the ace again. Even if he has ace there is good chance he will call and draw will cost the same.

What do you think of flop and turn bets

Alobar
12-18-2004, 11:54 PM
turn bet is good, if he is very loose like you say, he could even be calling the flop with nothing, and is ready to fold for the big turn bet. It would suck to get raised, but you likely would of gotten raised on the flop if he was going to raise his ace, and if you check hes betting it anyway.

Jeff W
12-19-2004, 12:05 AM
I play it the same even against loose players. I check-fold the river without improvement, but bet any pair or flush on the river.

I also check-fold the turn unless I improve.

spider
12-19-2004, 02:12 AM
I would definitely bet the turn. Loose players will often call the flop there with nothing but then fold on the turn.

If he calls the turn, I will usually bet a river blank. With 5 to 1 from the pot, I think it works that often. Of course, if you read the opponent to very likely have an ace if he calls the turn, then you can check-fold.

But there are certainly some loose players out there who will make it to the river with nothing and auto-bet here if checked to. In part because I don't know if I can fold there, I'd just as soon bet it -- if raised, I will respect that and fold.

One thing I don't know here is exactly how loose this guy was. A 3 or 5 would give him a gut shot on the flop and the other rag isn't specified but might have also created or improved a low straight draw.