PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Eights -- Part 5 of 5

Hoi Polloi
12-18-2004, 09:08 PM
This is the last of five hands I'll be posting. In each our Hero holds pocket 88s. Each hand was played on a 1/2 LHE Party table on 12/13 or 12/14. I've been unhappy with my middle pair play and when I got so many in a few hours I thought it was a good opportunity to ask for some help. I also thought this might be an interesting topic generally.

This hand occurs during my first circuit of the table so I don't have a read on anybody. I limp with the 88s again. My post flop aggression gets the right results this time.

Your comments most appreciated.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB

Grease
12-18-2004, 09:15 PM
Reads would really help. Your hand has little chance of improving, so any bets you make will most likely be a stone bluff. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but there could be if you're trying to muscle out a punch of loose-passives. I'd probably play it the same way, unless there were circumstances like I said above.

Nick C
12-18-2004, 09:22 PM
It looks fine to me. I think you probably won because you had the best hand.

If I got checkraised on the turn, I'd fold. If I got called on the turn, I'd probably check behind on the river, given the chance (unless I caught a set).