PDA

View Full Version : Sit n go, 4 players left

aron
12-18-2004, 08:50 PM
Play sit n gos occaisonally but am not a tournament player.
A situation came up yesturday, we are four players left.
The chips where like this: First guy 2000, second guy 5000, me 600 last guy 400.
Big blind is 100.
How should I move on from here? Should I fold realtivly good hands hoping for the last guy to lose his chips, putting me in a money position?

-aron

deadmunny
12-18-2004, 09:30 PM
My limited 0.02cents worth?.

When you say relatively good hands what do you mean?
I played SNG's for about a year before I moved on and in the situation you are describing I more often than not would do just that (unless AA or KK pops up)
The big stack most times in this situation steals the blinds and pressures the small stacks.

As you have 2BB bets more than him I would wait it out, this would only change however if he doubled up then the shoe is on the other foot.
Hope this helps.

Regards D

smoore
12-18-2004, 11:30 PM
Do you want to win, or simply place? if you want to win be daring (especially against him) and if you bust you bust, no big deal. If you really want to make it to the money fold until he doubles.

iNsChris
12-19-2004, 02:37 AM
see how it goes... I would probably try to fade out.

Infact this positon happened to me, And i let the lower guy slowly die out.

But it has happened few times, One of which the guy won a bet and i left 4th therefore didn't win anything.

Play the good/ok hands carefully and agressively try to make people fold to steal blinds(basically semi bluff).

if u hit it lucky u win, if u dont.. u drop to his level after few bets! but im sure BB and stuff will hit him! Remember to call all the bbs and small blind wouldnt be a bad idea to call either imo(unless its a very very very bad hand... Like 2 6 unsiuited may fall into that ) .

By the way.. Im a NEWBIE and i am not a WINNING PLAYER so dont think i am a pro or anything /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks,
Chris.

AncientPC
12-19-2004, 02:40 AM
I forgot who said this, but be happy with 3rd, play for 1st.

i.e. tight as hell until you're ITM, then don't worry about busting out and play your normal game.