PDA

View Full Version : How bad is this bet?

Grease
12-18-2004, 08:44 PM
Taj 5/10 Holdem (10 players)

I am in the BB with 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG limps, 2 folds, MP1 raises, 1 fold, hijack calls, cutoff calls, button folds, SB calls, I call.

Flop 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

All check to PFR. He bets, all fold to me, I raise, all fold to him, he calls,

Turn 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, he folds.

This is an obvious check, right? Or do I bet and hope he has the ace?

Nick C
12-18-2004, 09:14 PM
I think the turn bet is fine. If MP1 doesn't have a diamond, you're unlikely to get much out of him anyway. And if he does have the ace of diamonds, you'll probably get a lot of action whether you check or bet. But I think I prefer betting. If MP1 has the ace of diamonds, I think he might not get suspicious as quickly if you lead the turn instead of checkraising. (I'm assuming there's no cap heads-up.) Plus, it's possible he'll call you down with a big pair and no flush.

I think you have more to gain here by betting than by acting like you're scared of the fourth diamond and trying to induce a bluff.

Grease
12-18-2004, 09:18 PM
There is no cap HU, if that makes any difference.

Nick C
12-18-2004, 09:24 PM
It really is too bad he didn't have the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif then.

scrapperdog
12-18-2004, 09:38 PM
No check here .. you bet and hope he has ace and take everything u can .. if he dont got it u wont be getting any action anyways so u lose nothing by betting.