PDA

View Full Version : NFL Possible Upsets?

09-28-2001, 12:03 PM
Bucs - Vikings:

Are the Vikings due? At home against a rusty TB team that barely beat Dallas. Will the Vikings Offense will come out gunning and fired up, put some numbers on the board?

Miami - Rams:

Rams only won the first two games against SF and Philly by 3 and 4 points. I think its fair to say Miami is as good as those teams. 6 point spread, I'm going with Miami.

Steeler - Bills;

Just have a feeling that the Bills might show me something this weekend. Home dogs too.

Atlanta - Arizona:

Two mediocre teams. Hard to decide. Any thoughts?

09-28-2001, 12:50 PM
> Miami - Rams:

> Rams only won the first two games against SF and Philly by >3 and 4 points. I think its fair to say Miami is as good

> as those teams. 6 point spread, I'm going with Miami.

Of course STL was on the road for both those games, and is now at home. That's about a 6 point swing right there.

09-28-2001, 03:06 PM
and PHI got real lucky to tie it up...STL was going in for a 3 TD lead and then turned it over.

09-29-2001, 02:06 AM
Minnesota vs Tampa Bay

Money is on the Vikings, it's September and their in a must win and Tampa Bay has yet to prove it can operate an offense, and should be rusty. Expect Culpepper to go balls to the wall, and Moss should take down a couple of long balls for touchdowns. The Vikes are 2.5 dogs but you can probably go with the money line on this one.

Miami vs. St. Louis

Miami has Indianapolis and Denver has Oakland, and I suppose you could argue St. Louis has New Orleans, but every game is vital in the AFC divisions and in turn the conferences. Miami is playing premium ball and has the vitals needed to win, aka, defense, coaching, a running attack and last but least a quaterback to follow. St. Louis is still potent, but not premium potent they were two years ago, and Warner seems to be showing some weaknesses. I'm not saying Miami will win this, but with 6 points it's the pick.

Denver vs. Baltimore

This game has one thing written all over it, much like when Clubber Lang and Rocky fought for the first time. Denver is dying to just kick the shit out of Baltimore, no holds bar, in the high altitude of Denver, CO. Although it would be nice to have McCaffery and I suppose Davis, they still have enough Offense and attitude to get the job done, especially against a team whose yet to prove they have an offense. Denver is the pick giving up 4.5.

Green Bay vs Carolina

This game I was originally hesitant about, but if you cut through fuzziness of betting on the team you like, I think the Pack might walk away with this game for two reasons. One is revenge from last year, and second is a healthy team with momentum. Moreover, Weinke will be playing his first home game against a pretty good defense, which could be the makings of a long day for him if it starts out bad. Think about it, so you have to spot Carolina roughly a field goal with Favre, Green, Freeman, Franks, and the rest. Take the Pack

Honorable Mention:

(These games I have no money on, bet at your own risk)

Oakland should kick the snot out of Seattle.

Indianapolis should kick the Bledsoe-less pats.

Bye