PDA

View Full Version : hand against a decent player

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-18-2004, 08:38 PM
BB in this hand seems decent, doesn't openlimp or coldcall preflop, generally pretty quiet but defintely not a bad player.

The turn raise was with the intent of getting a hand like 2nd pair to fold or maybe K-bad kicker. I was going to check the river behind until I caught my miracle card. I suck out g00t.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Alobar
12-18-2004, 08:43 PM
I dont think the turn raise is bad. Lots of times it's like it's getting made with a J or Q or small pair, and they fold to your raise (at least I'm assuming thats what they are making it with, since they fold). Like they feel thay can safely fold to a raise or something. It could also be a draw. I would make a note (or at least a mental note) of what he made this play with, and then play accordingly in the future.