PDA

View Full Version : Another blind battle - ATo

billyjex
12-18-2004, 07:52 PM
I need to leave this table. Everyone keeps folding to the blinds.

No read on villian, this is his second hand at the table and he's not in my PT database.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

I figure I have the best hand here, but I decide to call to pop him on the turn.

Turn: (5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Now the Q scared me, so I decided to go into call down mode. Should I still have raised him here?

River: (7 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9 BB

I felt a little lost on this hand, so I just called. Comments?

Nick C
12-18-2004, 09:01 PM
I would probably go ahead and raise the flop. My thinking is that my opponent has represented a big hand with his preflop cap and I'd rather get 3-bet on the flop than on the turn if my opponent in fact does have a big pocket pair. (Of course, my opponent might instead call my flop raise and then checkraise the turn.)

But I don't think waiting for a safe turn card is bad, and I don't think calling down once the queen falls is bad either.