PDA

View Full Version : Cold call pre-flop with AQo

spider
12-18-2004, 07:12 PM
Party 5/10 6m, 6 handed but only UTG and BB are relevant here.

UTG: Decent, PFR is 9%
BB: Loose, will call a raise from the BB over 90% of the time and will generally pay off post flop.

I'm in CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG raises, fold, I call, 2 folds, BB folds

Others are very tight against a PFR so I expect only BB to call, although he doesn't.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif

bet call

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

bet to me, I ???

---

Dunno if these help but here are some monte carlo equity numbers assuming UTG raises 9% of his hands and BB calls with any two:

2 handed: AQo=50% UTG=50%
3 handed: AQo=36% UTG=39% random=25%

ALL1N
12-18-2004, 08:11 PM
You absolutely must 3-bet. The best scenario is headsup with position and initiative, so try and get it.

Alobar
12-18-2004, 08:46 PM
3 bet or fold preflop. I go with the 3 bet.

I call the turn bet and raise the river.

Jeff W
12-19-2004, 12:22 AM
I fold to a 9% UTG raise. If you don't fold, then you should 3-bet. Initiative is key.

You should raise the turn in the given hand.

helpmeout
12-19-2004, 12:36 AM
9% isnt super tight, calling is fine if you arent sure.

You still get the value of deception.

JimmyJazz1
12-19-2004, 02:19 AM
Why do you opt to call the turn and raise the river? Why not raise the turn and depending if he calls or reraises you, bet the river?

-JimmyJazz1

spider
12-19-2004, 04:10 PM
I raised turn, he 3-bet, I called it down from there. Rockets and HHIG.

I think I like Alobar's suggestion to call turn and raise river. That way I make an extra bet there sometimes while losing the same amount when behind. That's assuming I can't fold this when I get 3 bet (and I don't think I can). There is also the matter of what hands he might fold to the turn raise (AK in particular).

Pre-flop I still can't decide between call or 3-bet, given the BB's habits. I definitely think a fold is wrong when you look at the equity numbers I posted in combination with having position.