PDA

View Full Version : Tips for a 5/10 SH player playing a little *full* 2/4 or 3/6?

Grisgra
12-18-2004, 06:24 PM
I cut my teeth on the lower-limit full games (as I'm sure most of us did) and then moved to 5/10 SH a few ten thousand hands ago. Was thinking of moving to 15/30 full *eventually* (I'm not even close yet) and thought it might be a good idea to add a full ring game to my usual two SH tables. Just to knock off some rust.

Any tips for someone who hasn't played those in a LONG time? Obviously, need to play tighter. Obviously, position is even more important (there's a lot more variation it it, for one.) Am I correct in assuming that the use of bluffing is minimal, relative to SH? I'm worried that my current level of aggression with marginal hands is going to get me into trouble in a full ring game . . .

ghostface
12-18-2004, 09:31 PM
Read SSH and try to focus on only using as much aggression as is suggested in there and you should be fine. Mainly learn to protect you hand and value raise since there will often be 4-6 ppl contesting a pot.

Jdanz
12-18-2004, 10:30 PM
short on time so i'll let others elaborate, but position is SOOO much more important in short handed.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-18-2004, 10:40 PM
Less bluffing, less betting and more check/folding with middle/bottom pair (though not always), more limping and open limping with suited Aces and low-medium pocket pairs, more suited connectors.

Still raise your big hands preflop and don't forget to value bet.

Jeff W
12-19-2004, 12:16 AM
Your questions are too general but you'll be fine. Don't be surprised if shorthanded play gave you a perspective on the correct way to play in ring games. I am more aggressive in ring games than shorthanded.

Grisgra
12-19-2004, 06:04 PM
Thanks much guys.