PDA

View Full Version : Chumbawamba

naphand
12-18-2004, 05:40 PM
I think I have to call here?

TABLE CONDITIONS: Two tight (CO and Button) players, UTG is about as terrible as possible, SB is fairly new but certainly loose PF, BB is a rock.

Interpoker $2/$4 Holdem (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Naphand is MP with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG limps, Naphand raises, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Naphand bets, SB raises, UTG calls, Naphand calls.

Turn: (6.5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Naphand checks.

River: (6.5 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 players)
SB bets, UTG folds, Naphand calls.

Final Pot: 8.5 BB

Flop CR was unusual, easy call getting 12:1. UTG probably has nothing. The Turn check looks like a draw, I have zero chance of folding the others out, so take the free card. Oh well, SB bets and when UTG folds, I think I can call here with the 2nd-nut no-pair hand? It sure looks like a missed draw.../images/graemlins/confused.gif

Dull and dreary or daring and debonair?

Alobar
12-18-2004, 06:11 PM
If you are so sure its a missed draw, bet the turn. You may still have the best hand, and you arent giving a free card.

Your Mom
12-18-2004, 06:12 PM
aren't hands like these irritating? I'd call too.

naphand
12-19-2004, 05:31 AM
I am not sure it is a missed draw, the read is not done yet on the Turn. Betting the Turn is not going to fold anyone and I will be sure to have to bet again on the River, in this case I think take the free card. There are still 2 players involved, so I either bet the Turn, bet the River against 2 players who will call with anything, or check and take a free card and bet if checked to.

The question was, getting 7.5:1 is this a valid call based on the action? I am not so sure betting the Turn achieves much, especially after just calling the flop CR.

naphand
12-19-2004, 05:35 AM
I think taking a leaf out of Peter_Rus' book and calling down unusual betting patterns is sometimes useful. "Unusual" in the sense of the table concerned here. The free Turn made life easier. Generally in these soft games, it just is not necessary to compete for pots in these spots, sometimes I do sometimes I don't, mostly for image/info reasons.

I think I was was more interested, less irritated here... /images/graemlins/grin.gif