PDA

View Full Version : Play of the week

09-28-2001, 03:51 AM
Will just stick to one game this week, lets hope Jim Feist remembers I am ignoring any and all comments or replies from him.

Oakland -10.5 over Seattle

Rare to like such a big favorite in the NFL, but I think this is a game where you can name your price. Raiders last year established this as a blowout site with lots of crushing wins as big chalk. Expect that to continue here. I get a sense they are really pissed after losing a game they had in their hands last week, to a running QB no less. They will be waiting for this hapless opponent, ready to pounce on its weak QB. How would you like to be a guy who is playing so bad that your fans want Trent Dilfer to replace you? Then you go into this daunting site to play a fired up team? Oh goodness, this one is ugly. The way the Eagles took what used to be a Raider 3rd stringer in Thrash and burned the Hawks with him...that just makes you wonder how many long balls the first team Raiders will get on this weak opponent. To make it even more appealing, the Raiders only have the lowly Cowboys on deck so situationally and talentwise this has blowout written all over it.

09-28-2001, 03:03 PM
You seem to like to lay a lot of points for your best picks. Those aren't my best picks. Suppose this will bummed everyone out.

Someone asked me once if I thought Tommy Lasorda was a good manager. His record speaks for itself I said. Your record should be the standard that you get judged by. Miami Fla. yet another example for the record.

09-28-2001, 06:00 PM
I agree with you on this one definitely. Do you know why Miami went for two points instead of one?? If I was a Oakland player this would of been enuf to fire me up for the next game.

Paul

09-28-2001, 06:37 PM
I don't bet sports, Bill, but I couldn't agree more about this one.

On the Other Topics section, I posted about my obervations on the NFL having borne witness to the Philly/Hawks debacle last Sunday. If dah Raiduhs don't just smoke these bums this weekend, I would be somewhat shocked, to say the least.

Know any good bookies?

09-28-2001, 09:53 PM
Who uses bookies anymore??? I wouldn't get too overly excited about going against Seattle because bad efforts are often followed by better games next time out in any sport. However the situation with Hasselback and the nature of the Raiders at home just leads me to believe there will be no mercy here. Generally to lay this many points you need a lot of factors in your favor and I just think that is the situation here.

09-30-2001, 08:20 PM

10-01-2001, 12:32 PM
Only being facetious, of course, about the bookies. LOL

Good thing they called off the dogs, more or less, after it was 38-zip or this could have been REAL ugly. Not that it wasn't, anyway! Two TD's in garbage time for Seattle means nothing

Going to be a long year for the Seahawks, I am afraid.