PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Eights -- Part 4 of 5

Hoi Polloi
12-18-2004, 04:37 PM
This is the fourth of five hands I'll be posting. In each our Hero holds pocket 88s. Each hand was played on a 1/2 LHE Party table on 12/13 or 12/14. I've been unhappy with my middle pair play and when I got so many in a few hours I thought it was a good opportunity to ask for some help. I also thought this might be an interesting topic generally.

Beautiful LP table. I've played a bunch of big hands and I've been pushing people around.

But when the crazy 88s show up I go limp. Almost everyone piles into a 6-way pot. Two overcards on the flop but a rainbow this time. My low-pair and dumb-end gutshot look pretty sorry with 2 bets to me on the turn.

Your comments most appreciated.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

Nick C
12-18-2004, 08:17 PM
I would probably just check the flop with the intention of folding. My thinking is that I probably don't have the best hand, and even if by some chance I do, anyone who stays in probably has a better chance of improving than I do.

After you bet and got four callers, giving up on the turn seems correct to me.

sfwusc
12-18-2004, 10:58 PM
I dont know if this is smart or not.

A lot of players with overcalls---middle pairs or for set value. No set on flop///fold.

Heads up ---- experience is nice.

SFWUSC

Luv2DriveTT
12-18-2004, 11:03 PM
With 5 opponents on this flop and Hero is third to act, I check-fold. I don't like the flop bet.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif