PDA

View Full Version : Fold this flush draw??

Lmn55d
12-18-2004, 03:12 PM
This hand was a little sketchy. First, I'm wondering about my flop checkraise. If the early dude has a 6, he'll probably 3bet me , knocking out other dude, which I dont want. Second question is about turn. Should I have folded seeing as it looked likely turn would get capped, plus someone might have boat or boat redraw, or higher flush draw??

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (17.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB

Richard Berg
12-18-2004, 07:22 PM
Flop raise is bad. Only 3 opponents have expressed willingness to put money in the pot (you need at least 4) + it might be 3bet + you might lose more weak-tighties regardless + you're not drawing to anywhere near the nuts.

Turn/river looks fine. The A/images/graemlins/heart.gif will rarely give anyone a hand that can beat trips, so when SB wakes up I don't expect him to cap his TPNK. His stop-n-go is far more worrisome than his turn play if you ask me -- AT isn't enough hand to bet into a likely 6 again, so a straightforward player of low-to-moderate aggression is likely to hold the nut flush here. Considering UTG+2's potential to raise behind you, folding might be ok if you have an excellent read.

Nick C
12-18-2004, 11:07 PM
I'm less inclined to pump flush draws when the board is paired (since the possibility of making my hand and losing to a boat is greater than it is on an unpaired board), so I'd just call UTG+2's flop bet. Whether you call or raise, you'll have at most three opponents, and you're likely just to have two. You'll end up making a flush a little over a third of the time, but with that board there's a good chance that people who are staying in have at least two pair (or a flush draw). Flush draws can sometimes be profitably pumped on the flop with just two opponents (especially when you also have potential pair outs), but I wouldn't do it here.

I would play the turn like you did, but I wouldn't really enjoy being stuck in this pot. Maybe SB caught his ace on the turn, or maybe he slowplayed trips on the flop. If he did catch his ace, it could very well be a suited ace of diamnonds, which would be unfortunate. When UTG+2 3-bets, I become more concerned I'm drawing dead, but I'm not ready to give up yet.

I'd probably just call the river, like you did. When SB leads after calling UTG+2's 3-bet, I start thinking it's more likely (than it was at the time of the turn checkraise) that he checkraised on the turn with a suited ace. I'm also a little worried someone has A6. Maybe the river should be raised -- I'm not really sure -- but I don't think I would do it.