PDA

View Full Version : Missed value bet with running overcard?

Fortitude
12-18-2004, 02:37 PM
CO is 40/8 and AF of about 2 on flop, turn, and river.

I get into situations like these all the time where I feel like I could be missing a bet. I feel like I'm ahead on the flop and the turn the majority of the time when I have a pocket pair with only 1 overcard on board and my opponent doesn't raise. When the Q comes down, I feel like the combined chances that CO has been check/calling a K or has just hit a Q is enough for me to check behind.

After hands like these I feel like I'm missing bets to smaller pocket pairs or 2nd / 3rd pair on the flop.

Thoughts?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, MP (poster) folds, CO calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.70 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.70 BB