PDA

View Full Version : 2 AQoff without hitting the flop

stonecold
12-18-2004, 02:16 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (4.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

************************************************** ************************************************** ****************

Hand 1: New to the game, dont have a read on BB. just want some comments

Hand 2 : CO is loose and passive.

slydeni
12-18-2004, 02:30 PM
hi stonecold.
Hand 1: I think you played this one well. With not much info. I think it is best to assume the players are bad, and try and beat them around a bit. Your agressive play on flop was fine. The he chk raises and foils our beautiful plan of taking that baby down right there. But then the beauty of being in position and catching some cards kicked in and you were home free. My question--- what if the turn were a 10? or even a blank? what then? call a turn bet? just some food for thought.

Hand 2: loose passives are great to have in game (money wise) but at times they are tricky, and un ravel me a bit. This is one of those times. If he is of the flavor of LP that I know and love...he could have any darn thing here. I think you are prolly winners...but Ive see these guys turn over Ace King at the end and scared to bet it. But again...I think you played it well, and just have to hope the ace on the river wins it for you. He may be on a draw (flush or str8). He may have a pair. But I think the river gets the $$ for you.

question:: not that it was wrong...but I am curious as to your rationale for the turn bet. Was it a semi-bluff with flush and 2 overs? We know he prolly wont fold - being the species that he is. Value bet? just wanted your ideas. I actually think I like the bet.

be well...

stonecold
12-18-2004, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

question:: not that it was wrong...but I am curious as to your rationale for the turn bet. Was it a semi-bluff with flush and 2 overs? We know he prolly wont fold - being the species that he is. Value bet? just wanted your ideas. I actually think I like the bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought i was ahead, i just thought that the draw was more likely then that he was ahead. And if he was ahead i still had some outs.

On hand 1 : if the turn was a blank or a ten and he bet again i think i would chicken out and fold.

stonecold
12-18-2004, 05:19 PM
I found both my opponents hands very strange.

In hand 1 the fi held KK

In hand 2 fi held AcTh

Was there any indications in their play that they would have those hands ?

MHarris
12-18-2004, 06:10 PM
I play both hands exactly the same.

There is zero indication that your opponents actually held what they did. Remember to make notes.