PDA

View Full Version : 4

1800GAMBLER
12-18-2004, 01:57 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

I'm posting this even though a fold is probably correct this is a lot closer than most will think.

You're getting 5:1 on what at best is 7 outs or 5.7:1 shot. So really you need 8 outs which then makes this a 4.85:1 shot. So if when a king falls ~1 in 4 times you can then successfully pick up the pot you have the outs.

Obviously this isn't the case since your aces and tens aren't always good here, but it's still close because a lot of the time he'll have A,x K,x and you can pick it up with any turn card which is a ton of outs.

JrJordan
12-18-2004, 02:33 PM
Gambler,
You mentioned you can take the pot when the K flops on the turn 1 in 4. Do you suggest raising the turn here in hopes he'll fold? I'm assuming also that you'd fold to a three bet and hopefully checkthrough the river in this scenario?

The K is certainly a scare card however against many HU opponents in 5/10, I feel like they'd much prefer to call down even with that draw happy board. Is raising that K really +EV?

1800GAMBLER
12-18-2004, 02:55 PM
In this situation if he bets out i wouldn't raise, most who are going to give up will check and fold if they have the balls to bet out they are going to go to showdown.

It's hands like A4 Qxs etc that will give up here enough of the times and when the players holding them feel like they are going to give up they'll check.

In the 15/30 i will raise if a semi-tight aggressive player bets, something likee &lt; 25% VP$IP and &gt; 7% PFR.

Anyhow, this situation isn't really a 'call for bluff cards situation' the fold is still correct i just wanted to post it because it fell in line with Guy's not bluffing enough and should make him and others think about it and then find the right situations.

Mr. Graff
12-18-2004, 03:40 PM
I would call this flop and fold unimproved. When you hit you gain maybe 1 BB extra on average making the odds about right. Also, you may have the best hand at this point. He could easily have raised with a hand like K6 and may check the rest of the hand. There is also value in not being labelled a folder HU.

Your Mom
12-18-2004, 06:02 PM
I don't think Party 5/10 players fold this turn when a king comes if they have a J or a Q. Good fold on the flop in my opinion.

pfkaok
12-18-2004, 06:20 PM
ANy value to 3-betting this PF?

With a medium A, I Like my showdown value vs. a SB openraise, esp. if its not too tight of a raiser, and you have postion on the hand. Of course if I 3-bet this, then bet this flop and get CR'ed, I'd probably have odds to call, right? Or would this be one of those rare spots where I'd want to 3-bet PF, then check behind?

Your Mom
12-18-2004, 07:08 PM
Nothing wrong with 3 betting preflop at all.

helpmeout
12-18-2004, 09:16 PM
I 3bet this most times unless SB is tight.

Raise the flop and take a freecard.

1800GAMBLER
12-18-2004, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ANy value to 3-betting this PF?

With a medium A, I Like my showdown value vs. a SB openraise, esp. if its not too tight of a raiser, and you have postion on the hand. Of course if I 3-bet this, then bet this flop and get CR'ed, I'd probably have odds to call, right? Or would this be one of those rare spots where I'd want to 3-bet PF, then check behind?

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed that. Yea i 3 bet here.