PDA

View Full Version : A-rag suited do you play it? call a PF raise?

Kips Bay Kid
12-18-2004, 01:47 PM
pretty simply, do you find yourself folding hands like A4s when facing a 2-3x BB raise PF? dependant on position? I am guessing easy fold otherwise the play is too loose.

mojorisin24
12-18-2004, 02:09 PM
I usually will open with a raise holding A-rag suited as long as I have position, but usually I will not call a 3x preflop raise with it. An exception, of course, is my chip stack. If I have a lot, of course I'll call.

Cannes
12-18-2004, 02:11 PM
If there are a few callers before you and you expect the blinds to call the raise too, then you can safely play this hand. Only pitfall (Although it shouldn't be) is if an ace flops...

Kips Bay Kid
12-18-2004, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If there are a few callers before you and you expect the blinds to call the raise too, then you can safely play this hand. Only pitfall (Although it shouldn't be) is if an ace flops...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind if an Ace hits so long as either my rag hits or the other two cards are my suit /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sourbeaver
12-18-2004, 03:08 PM
Depends on stack sizes primarily. If you're playing on Party, don't call raises with A-rag suited. Heck, don't call it at all with 50bb stacks, unless there are 3-4 limpers already in there and you got great position.