PDA

View Full Version : Hands for guy 3

1800GAMBLER
12-18-2004, 01:11 PM
This one is a little more interesting

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP folds, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: I check the flop, you have a marginal hand with big reverse implied odds, you may be behind now, you may be behind at the end of the hand.

Flop call/Turn action: Hm, all depends on his range of hands he'd raise. This is were it gets important for the rest of the hand.

If his rannge of hands are KQ KJ JQ you should obviously fold to the flop raise.

KQ KJ JQ AQ QT KT then you should fold the flop again.

KQ KJ JQ AQ QT KT Ax Tx makes it a little closer and you should call the flop and raise the turn. But this hand range shows why you shouldn't have bet the flop. With this hand range he has perfect shania, he's put you to a near breakeven decision, a tough one, after you already invested 1SB.

On the river you should always be more likely to go betfold rather than checkcall here, yet on this one you should go checkfold.

Your Mom
12-18-2004, 05:58 PM
I would never fold this river. He couldn't be betting any King? Keep in mind this is Party 5/10. Of course a rational player wouldn't bet here without at leasta better 2 pair, but this pot is too big for me to fold. If I pay off too much, so be it.

1800GAMBLER
12-18-2004, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would never fold this river. He couldn't be betting any King? Keep in mind this is Party 5/10. Of course a rational player wouldn't bet here without at leasta better 2 pair, but this pot is too big for me to fold. If I pay off too much, so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the point is if you pay off it's because you believe he 1. had the balls to raise his K7 - K2 on the flop and 2. had the balls to bet it on the river. But if you do believe he has it you should probably bet the river since he'll call with it and check behind with it.

However i think K7 - K2 are 1. unlikely 2. take up a very small range of his hands. i.e. not 1/9 of them.

Guy McSucker
12-19-2004, 11:56 AM
Hey Jay,

I understand everything you're saying here, perhaps with the exception of the flop bet.

Why is it wrong to bet Qx on a KQJ rainbow board, when you want me to bet AJo on a QdTd5d board in another hand? Other differences between the two hands:

- with the AJo I had two opponents; here I have three

- with the AJo the pot was 6SB; here it's only 4.

- with the AJo the opponents have checked to me, but that really means nothing since I raised preflop.

So, which of these differences swings the decision from check to bet?

I think I am much more likely to be ahead on the flop here than in the AJo hand. Doesn't that count for something?

Guy.

Jeff W
12-19-2004, 12:03 PM
The AJo bet is key because your opponents will often fold without a diamond or with only a small diamond(less likely on Party). You get odds of 6:1 on a bet and your opponents will fold live hands often enough to justify it. The AJo is not so much about what you have. Its about what your opponents have.

This hand is totally different. You will never fold the field and your hand is extremely vulnerable out of position. You will lose the maximum when behind and win the minimum when ahead.