PDA

View Full Version : Hands for Guy 2

1800GAMBLER
12-18-2004, 01:01 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (4.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Checkraise the flop, against their range of hands you have massive overlay but you can't wait untill the turn because 1. he'll check behind a lot and 2. you want to commit hands like 88 99 on the flop.

Your Mom
12-18-2004, 05:59 PM
couldn't agree more. Easy c/r on this flop. Bet the turn and bet the river.

pfkaok
12-18-2004, 06:47 PM
I usually auto-CR this flop, but after re-reading the shorthanded section of HPFAP, I think that leading out in spots like this occasionaly might not be a bad idea.

1. When you bet out a lot of times the PFRer will raise auto-raise, and the SB will have to call

2. when the PFR is tight, and not too aggressive a lot of times he'll call you all the way down with Ax, or mid PP, with only 2-3 outs, where if you CR'ed flop he'd likely fold to a turn bet that you'd like him to call.

I agree that CR'ing is still probably the bets play here, but I think mixing it up with betting out sometimes definately has some merit to it.

LA_Price
12-18-2004, 07:26 PM
i usually use the line of bet-bet-bet on hands like this but I don't checkraise enough which is a good play on this flop.

helpmeout
12-18-2004, 09:11 PM
Yeah these guys have position and bet the flop, you plan on checkraising the turn, they check through then you bet the river and they fold their worse hand.

Buttons raise is a steal so he will nearly always check the turn with 2 callers, you also have SB trapped on the flop and a dangerous board so you must checkraise.

Guy McSucker
12-19-2004, 11:49 AM
FWIW, I absolutely agree here.

I have no idea why I didn't C/R this flop: I certainly intended to when I checked.

Another in a long list of brain failures for me this week,

Guy.