PDA

View Full Version : A not very important post (long)

01-12-2002, 10:46 PM
What a drought of home games there's been in this Asian city since the Christmas season began! Arrrggghh!

My three regular games a week were cut to none. The withdrawal symptoms were somewhat eased by playing online, but there is no comparison between home play and internet play. I have been unhappy.

Then yesterday, out of the blue, a call came from an aquaintance saying his mates were looking for a seventh player and did I know anybody? He was delighted when he found out I was willing to join. Neither one of us knew the other played.

The lineup was a home players dream team. Weird, wacky everything-wild games with a $5 maximum bet. Raise, raise, raise. I stayed on to the end only once. $300 pot.

The "boring" games ie hold 'em, Omaha8, draw, and stud had a $5 maximum bet but, because they were boring the last bet was a mandatory $20. Kaching. Raise, raise, raise. I stayed on until the end in seven hands all night, winning five of them.

And of course I introduced 727 which was a big end-of-the-night hit. Only one opponent had played it before. I dealt myself 4/3 on the first hand. One guy saw my endless raising/reraising right to the finish. He had 2/3 (I thought you were bluffing). Oops. From then on I ruled the table at 727. If they didn't have the nut low, they immediately drew and ended up going high.

I'm taking the wife and son to Bali next weekend. The game paid for the trip. Home games rule the universe. I am no longer unhappy.

01-14-2002, 06:04 PM
where and when is this game? i want to play...