PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Queens

MoDOH
12-18-2004, 08:50 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Both opponents are decent postflop and have a pfr of around 6-7%

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: (6.70 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero folds...

LaggyLou
12-18-2004, 10:20 AM
Looks good. What else can you do?

Anders_G
12-18-2004, 10:23 AM
I would fold to a bet on the flop (and even more so on the turn). The only hand you have beat here is KQ and I don't think it's a likely hand for either opponent. Board is too scary

Btw, what hands would 3 bets cold? QQ, JJ or possibly TT.

Crix
12-18-2004, 10:25 AM
I'm not sure I would have folded here. UTG+1 is representing strong cards pre-flop, but checks when the flop comes down with an A and a very strong flush draw potential. He bets on the turn only after everyone has checked on the flop. I would perhaps put him on a KQ with one of those two being a spade. He's now making an EV bet on the flush/gutshot straight draw. The other possibility is he has an A and was looking to check/raise on the flop bet.

Quindle
12-18-2004, 10:37 AM
It's awful and you have to fold.

And I'm not sure how you're supposed to beat KQ.

Crix
12-18-2004, 10:40 AM
I just realised something that's wrong here...How does UTG+1 raise pre-flop, when UTG has folded? Surely all he could do is bet.

Smasharoo
12-18-2004, 10:43 AM
I just realised something that's wrong here...How does UTG+1 raise pre-flop, when UTG has folded? Surely all he could do is bet.

Assuming you're not joking, the big blind's forced blind bet allows UTG to raise, and when he folds allows UTG-1 to raise PF.

Crix
12-18-2004, 10:45 AM
Ignore me, I was having a brain cramp /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Anders_G
12-18-2004, 10:54 AM
Quindle: I meant that KQ was the only hand he could bet given that flop. When the T falls on the turn he obviously would lose to that as well. sorry for being unclear.

[ QUOTE ]
I would perhaps put him on a KQ with one of those two being a spade. He's now making an EV bet on the flush/gutshot straight draw. The other possibility is he has an A and was looking to check/raise on the flop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has KQ then he made his gutshot on the turn (T fell).

My guess is he's holding an A but no spade - he checked the flop in order to see if anyone would bet out. Maybe he has AQ (maybe suited in the wrong color) since he didn't cap preflop.

Quindle
12-20-2004, 11:01 AM
"Both opponents are decent postflop"

I think it's intriguing hand, actually. Is there any chance of some results?

1. What on earth is MP3 coldcalling 3 bets preflop with? KK? JJ? AKo?

2. UTG raises and then caps PF. What would he do this with and then not bet out the flop? Dry KK?

3. Why did neither hero nor MP3 have a crack at the pot when getting 13/1 odds on a small bet?

A set would want to bet the flop, an A would bet the flop, and a K or Q of spades would bet the flop. The only hands that are left are KK and QQ no spades, and TT. It just doesn't seem right.

I think UTG+1 has KK or AQs. MP3 has no discernable interest in the hand. A bluff raise is getting 4/1 on the turn and 3/1 if you have to follow up on the river. Any takers?

MoDOH
12-20-2004, 02:15 PM
I donīt think the results in this hand is that important but If I remember correctly UTG+1 had KK with no spade and MP3 had AK no spade.