PDA

View Full Version : Master Party Poker

Scuba Chuck
12-18-2004, 04:12 AM
And the thievery continues...

This popped into my message box on PartyPoker $22 tonight.

http://www.masterpartypoker.com/?hop=liveforpkr

I'm not sure if this has been done to death or not, but I have still been waiting to hear from anyone who's purchased said book???

bigredlemon
12-18-2004, 04:51 AM
1. don't buy that book
2. delete this thread
3. ???
4. profit

ojsdaman
12-18-2004, 10:41 AM
someone on here said they bought it just for fun and it was a cheesy eBook that was basicaly identical to the SnG theory

AleoMagus
12-18-2004, 11:35 AM
Wait 4 months and buy a real SNG book. I believe that one is 17 pages long (for what that is worth).

Regards
Brad S

ojsdaman
12-18-2004, 01:46 PM
are you saying this because a book is coming out in 4 months that you know about...or are you just assuming that by then one will be out

AleoMagus
12-18-2004, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
are you saying this because a book is coming out in 4 months that you know about...or are you just assuming that by then one will be out

[/ QUOTE ]

a little of both

Regards
Brad S

jester710
12-18-2004, 06:02 PM
I bought the book hoping to find one or two tips I didn't already know, but it basically boils down to not playing anything but AA, KK, or AK early. Play supertight and let the maniacs kill each other, basically. You can find this exact strategy for free elsewhere, including on here, I imagine.

illab
12-18-2004, 06:05 PM
Yes I am a sucker who bought the book. Luckily I was able to use their money back guarantee. It took less than ten minutes to read and was much less useful than your guidelines Aleo. Basically they advice playing the tighest game possible (not even playing pocket pairs below QQ in the first few levels,never chasing a draw, and never bluff). Just wait for a good hand and hope someone is dumb enough to double you up. They actually advice folding AA if only four people are left and two have gone allin. Basically the book gives you the kind of advice that will always get you between 3th and 5th.

stupidsucker
12-18-2004, 06:09 PM
At least party is doing sometheing about his spam.

Now "masterpartypoker" is filtered out as if it were a curse word. He had to change his web address to keep spaming.

The4Aces
12-19-2004, 01:43 AM
a friend of mine baught this and he thought it was trash.

bigredlemon
12-19-2004, 01:46 AM
you know, he's only making money because people keep buying it?

you're not just paying for a book--you're also paying to be spammed!

Turk
12-19-2004, 02:06 AM
It is trash, dont buy it! I bought it and found out the hard way, also the kid is very rude and nasty.
I tried to use the so called money back guarantee, and was told to pound sand, basically. Oh, and did I mention laughed at? Yep, that too.

Scuba Chuck
12-20-2004, 02:20 PM
Perhaps this comment should lead to a FAQ update:

That is a list of recommended books to read for tournament poker. This list would include a list of book not to read, meaning this book.

alexbrew
12-20-2004, 02:34 PM
I think the FAQ here is very good and gives varried opinions on every subject if you read the linked threads. I don't think any book by any author would be as good, because then you're stuck stuck in somoene else's mindset instead of seeing the debate and learning the many ways things can be handled.

For a free version of what it sounds like this kid is selling; Al Spath has a 2 good articles at pokerpages.com. "Tournament Discussions I" and "II". Basically tight early, steal blinds late. A good fast read for those trying to learn.

ColdestCall
12-20-2004, 02:43 PM
I've seen this website pop-up before, and I just clicked it now to get a feel for what everyone was talking about. OMG! For those of you that bought this, what were you thinking??!! The whole website screams "SCAM!" It has all the style and substance of an "Oxyclean" infomercial. With so much good information/debate available on 2 + 2, why would anyone pay $40 for this?? I mean, c'mon, for $40 you could buy Super System I AND II, and what's the chance of some bozo spamming on the internet giving better poker advice than that?

illab
12-20-2004, 03:06 PM
My thinking was that I play almost nothing but $22sngs and doing pretty well (avg. $8/table profit) if this book even helps me place 3th one more time than I would have otherwise than the book pays for itself. I have Super System but I wanted something geared specifically towards the sng format. I also didn't know of the 2+2 forums back then.

ColdestCall
12-20-2004, 03:34 PM
Allright, I guess I can see that and I didn't mean to be so harsh towards folks who had made the honest mistake of giving this guy their cash. There's just something about scams like this that really rub me the wrong way and get me all steamed up. Probably has something to do with the non-stop bombardment of advertising during the holiday season designed to make me buy $%^& I dont need (Neil Young's "Piece of Crap" is one of my favorite songs...) Anyway, you're here now, and no real harm done....GL and keep hammering those 22s for 35%!