PDA

View Full Version : AK raised and pushed infront of me

Ogre
12-18-2004, 04:04 AM
***** Hand History for Game 1315560246 *****
NL Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2
Level:4 Blinds(50/100)Table Table 13809 (Real Money)
Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: dinfanti ( $960 )
Seat 4: OGRE ( $1905 )
Seat 5: T205s ( $2230 )
Seat 6: mastegr ( $1205 )
Seat 9: K__Rodgers ( $1030 )
Seat 10: kenhau ( $670 )
Trny:7978375 Level:4
Blinds(50/100)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to OGRE [ Ks Ac ]
T205s raises [300].
mastegr folds.
K__Rodgers is all-In.
kenhau folds.
dinfanti folds.
OGRE folds.

Good, bad or horrible?

Gramps
12-18-2004, 04:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Good, bad or horrible?

[/ QUOTE ]

To quote the character Samir from Office Space, not folding would be "horrible Peter, horrible."

You've got 18 BB if you fold your hand and are in good shape compared to the field. "The Gambler" (or "Lefty" if you like baseball better than country music) in the face of a 3XBB raise came over the top for 1k (not a "desperation" move, he has plenty of chips). You're an underdog to any pair HU. If you knew it was just you and KR HU, okay, you have a nice overlay, and it'd probably be a +EV call (chip-wise at least), even if KR would only do this with a pair or AK, but...

...UTG may have a (big) pair that he likes and jump in as well. Plus, odds are KR has a real hand (would he do this with a wide range of non-pair hands? Your play with him so far should give indication of that, but most players wouldn't). I'd say fold and wait for a less-risky spot.

Even if it were slightly +EV chip-wise, your big stack means that on average you'll get better opportunities to get those chips in the pot if you're patient. Calling off 1/2 your stack in the face of a show of strength, with another player still to act that has you covered and has also said "I like my hand and may jump in as well" is something usually reserved for the big pairs.