PDA

View Full Version : First shot at 10/20... not great but promising.

pfkaok
12-18-2004, 03:30 AM
So I decided to give it a shot, played about 1100 hands, and I was pretty pleased with the results. I'm going to allocate myself 200BB, so that I lost $519 today isn't much of a concer, but I saw some very promising players. Playerview allowed me to make a few good calldowns of a super LAG with just a strong A high, but unfortunately most of the times that I did this today my opponent spiked his pair on the river. Although it was more AGRO than 5/10 at first impression, I was kind of surprised by the amount of pots I was able to win uncontested. Anways I feel like I at least won some theoretical money today from what I was seeing... also my AA and KK were a combined -$100 with 14 combined hands.

It seemed like some of the LAGs were smart about their raises, but I saw plenty of them who seemed to just be randomly bluffing with very few, if any outs, even in multiway pots... And there were also more passive Loosies who just called down with A or K high all the time, which was a pleasant surprise for me. I even had one guy call me down all the way a few times with Q high. Its fun when you can profitably value bet unimproved AK on the river.

here's 1 AA hand that shows some of the "promise" that I saw. This one features both the LAGiness, and the calling station along for the ride :

BTW needless to say BB was the ultraLAG, so should I have capped the turn??

His river check also kind of sent off an alarm to me, which I thought might have been a flush, but I should still be value betting the riv. with this big a pot though, right?
Of course his raise makes me think I'm likely behind, but with a guy like this there's no way I can put him on a hand with 95% certainty

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, CO calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (14.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Js 9d (straight, queen high).
CO has Kc Th (two pair, tens and threes).
Hero has Ad Ah (two pair, aces and threes).
Outcome: BB wins 20.75 BB. </font>

kiddo
12-18-2004, 07:03 AM
Im surprised he didnt checkraise turn. If he wanted u to fold JJ this would have been better. You played it fine. His checkraise on river, well, nothing to do, u have to bet an overpair in this spot.