PDA

View Full Version : good time to be a Bonus Whore

wonderwes
12-18-2004, 03:19 AM
Stars 25% max $150
Party 20% max $200
UB 50%, dollars would never get unlocked anyways
TGC up to $300 bonus available to work off.

I must say, <tear from eye>, it is an excellent time to be a bonus whore.

Looks like I will be logging many hours this weekend.

IggyWH
12-18-2004, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Stars 25% max $150
Party 20% max $200
UB 50%, dollars would never get unlocked anyways
TGC up to $300 bonus available to work off.

I must say, <tear from eye>, it is an excellent time to be a bonus whore.

Looks like I will be logging many hours this weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes perfect sense...

WIth the holiday season, you got to figure people are spending less on gambling because they have to buy gifts, food, etc. Also, holidays cause a lot of traveling and being away from your home computer. What better of a way to draw people to play poker over the holidays than bonuses? These sites still make a fortune off people even with all these bonuses.

BusterStacks
12-18-2004, 03:42 AM
I'm SERIOUSLY considering the Stars bonus. Is it cleared in the same fashion/speed as Party? Also, is there no initial deposit bonus for stars? Are there affiliates?

Pokeraddict
12-18-2004, 03:46 AM
Stars does not have rake back affiliates. They pay per signup with no % of income. The bonus is harder then Party but if you play 6 max tables you should be OK. When I clear Stars bonuses I usually play stud8 or Omaha8 as these split pot games produce bigger pots.

The rake at Stars is better then Party so it causes fewer raked hands and fewer rake. The bonus is based on a point system similar to UB. It takes a but longer to work off but they take less rake in the process too.

busguy
12-18-2004, 03:52 AM
You should ALWAYS take advantage of a Stars bonus. They are stackable and do not expire. I still have $600 (5 x $120) in bonuses that I pick away at when not clearing a bonus somewhere else (Party and Skins). Stars is a GREAT break from Party. Play is tighter so your big cards stand up better but obviously don't drag near as much when they do.

my 2 cents

/images/graemlins/cool.gif busguy

IggyWH
12-18-2004, 04:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They are stackable and do not expire.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that tidbit. I didn't know that and passed them up when they had a reload just a couple weeks ago.

Since I don't already have a Stars account though, am I better off waiting for a deposit bonus when they have one or are the reloads just as good?

naschburger2
12-18-2004, 04:30 AM
As far as I know a reload bonus is all you get at pokerstars I would jump on it. I find it a lot tougher to clear than party but they have the billionth hand promotion so now is a great time.

Nathan_2
12-18-2004, 06:13 AM
Yep, you can say stars is tight. I always felt good getting a .25/.50 table with a view flop in the mid 20 percent range. Table selection while bonus whoring is even more fun now at 2/4. Free money so it's time for another trip through the rock garden. They need to do more TV advertising and stock that pond with some fish.

wonderwes
12-18-2004, 06:34 AM
Its all about the Stars stackable bonuses. I have played little on stars recently. I still have the EPT bonus from 9/27. So might as well get on it. Looks like I will have a total of 3 now.

Real simple to figure out how to get an FPP for a hand in stars. .50/1 pot has to be $10 to be a $.50 rake, $1/2 the pot has to be $15 to get a .75 rake, any 2/4 +, PL or NL game, the pot has to be $20 to get a rake of $1.

I wonder if constant emailing and badgering, UB would actually change its policy on bonus dollars, like it did with TGC.

I envy the people with large 4 digit rolls that can take advantage of the full bonus.

Bonus whoring is one of the few reasons I still enjoy to play online. Just in time to actually have some bills for a roll when I go to Vegas at the end of the year.

MicroBob
12-18-2004, 06:53 AM
These reloads are all you can get on Stars.

They offer them about 5-6x a year....and, as has been mentioned alredy, they are stackable and never expire.

you can deposit to get the bonus-dollars, then cash it all out and come back and clear it whenever you choose (I think the waiting period to cash-out is 48 hours though).

If you are EVER going to deposit NOW is the time.

Agreed on the 6-max games...which is my preferred place to work off the bonuses these days.

I don't think there are ANY bonuses that get cleared faster than Party's do.
But the Stars bonuses really aren't bad (despite what SO MANY seem to think). Assuming you multi-table 2/4 or 3/6 it really shouldn't take you that long.
I'll agree with those who say it will take a virtual eternity to clear at .5/1 or even 1/2.

But at 2/4 or 3/6 I think the bonuses actually clear faster than Paradise/Absolute or pokerroom.

Also, unlike many other rooms, you can clear the bonus via their SNG's or MTT's.
If you clear it on 10+1 SNG's then it's like you're actually playing a 10+0...because you are getting the extra dollar back in bonus-clearing.
It will take a lot of SNG's to clear it this way....but, again, if you are an SNG player then it's an okay deal since the bonus-bucks are stackable and never expire.

If you play 3 or 4-tables of 6-max it should go fairly quickly.
If you clear the bonus within this week then you'll have enough FPP's to sign-up for the $100k tournament on Dec 26 that only costs 500FPP to enter (500 FPP is less than $10 in value typically....but an entry for this tourney will be over $20 in value...perhaps WAY over $20).

Stars can get kind of crazy/goofy during the 1-billionth hand promotional stuff. They are giving away a TON of money during this as well.
Looking forward to lots and lots of players (and lots of auto-folding tables) at weird hours trying to hit the big one.

Stars bonuses are my favorite because I really enjoy playing there.

jokerthief
12-18-2004, 09:02 AM
Is there a code for the TGC bonus? Bonuswhores doesn't have anything about it and I can't get the search function here to get me anything.

lfx
12-18-2004, 10:56 AM
Check this link: http://www.gamingclubpoker.com/promo/300free/index.asp?VT=42036721&RC=425256501&trd=1

Izaak_Walton
12-18-2004, 12:52 PM
I play at the NL $.5/$1 level, and I don't want to move up now. If I read the T&C correctly, a hand isn't counted as raked at PS until $1 in rake is taken. According to BW, this equates to a bonus of one dollar and change per table hour. Plus the games are pretty tough. Doesn't look good for me at PS. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TylerD
12-18-2004, 01:00 PM
Do you play Sit-n-Go's? One $30+3 = 15FPPs. 750/15 = 50 Sit-n-Go's, which means you play rakefree. Plus you can use the FPPs for merchandise and tourny entries.

MicroBob
12-18-2004, 01:06 PM
After you play there let me know if you think those figures are accurate.I think you will clear it a bit faster than that at .5/1 NL.