PDA

View Full Version : Tom Tolbert

thatpfunk
12-18-2004, 01:01 AM
Watching the Suns Sonics game, did anyone hear what he said to start the 3rd quarter?
Something along the lines of: "This is a fun game to watch. Not just this game, but Orlando, Washinton, the Lakers, Sacramento. It's just fun basketball. If you don't like to watch this, you probably don't like yourself, and other people don't like you either. And justifiably so..."

WHAT?!?! This guy is an f'ing idiot. No wonder I nomrally listen to music while watching sports, announcers are fools. What a dumbass.

namknils
12-18-2004, 01:03 AM
I completely missed this. I remember hearing the beginning part about this being great basketball to watch. But this quote actually makes me like him a little, I've never liked him, but that quote is a good one.

Boris
12-18-2004, 01:17 AM
Tolbert is the man. Best basketball color commentator out there. Those guys have talk lots and lots so of course every once in awhile they will say something stupid. Anyways I don't think this quote is that bad. It's an inside joke by Tolbert. He is a big fan of an up tempo style of hoops, and isn't afraid to say so.

BusterStacks
12-18-2004, 01:21 AM
actually that's a pretty hillarious commentary.

thatpfunk
12-18-2004, 01:36 AM
Sorry, but I hate him with a passion. He dresses like a 'tard as well. He makes Walton sound like a genius.

AngryCola
12-18-2004, 01:38 AM
Why is this a stupid comment? I think it's true and at least kind of funny.

I do a good Bill Walton impression...that's all I have to say about that.

Corey
12-18-2004, 01:55 AM
I don't think anyone has heard the real Tolbert unless they've heard his radio show on KNBR (Bay Area, can be heard as far south as San Diego on a clear night). He is comic genius with Ralph Barbieri and makes any drive home from work tolerable.

That being said, his comment tonight was awesome!