PDA

View Full Version : AK w/ 4 left

ESCaspian
12-17-2004, 11:13 PM
Been lurking for a while this is my first post. Thx for any input.

I'm on the button with second most chips w/ 4 left ($50 SnG). UTG (chip leader) goes all in (he's been pretty tight all game). I have AK and fold not wanting to exit on the bubble. Both blinds fold. I go on to take 2nd and chip leader hangs on to win.

What do you think of this fold?

pshreck
12-17-2004, 11:27 PM
The most important information is the stacks of the 3rd and 4th players, and the size of the blinds. Most of the time the fold will be correct, but depending on the factors I mentioned it may be wrong.

Munkster
12-17-2004, 11:35 PM
I don't understand how fold can be correct here. If you are not calling an allin with AK, what would you be calling with? If you are limiting yourself to JJ-AA and AK suited, I think this is way too tight for bubble play. Knowing the stack sizes will help but I think this is an easy call. Correct me if I am mistaken.

pshreck
12-17-2004, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand how fold can be correct here. If you are not calling an allin with AK, what would you be calling with? If you are limiting yourself to JJ-AA and AK suited, I think this is way too tight for bubble play. Knowing the stack sizes will help but I think this is an easy call. Correct me if I am mistaken.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if you have 3k chips, and the other 2 stacks have 400 chips. Or if just one of them has 400 chips. Or if one of them has less than 1000, and the blinds are 200/400.

A fold is almost certainly correct here.

You would most certainly fold JJ , QQ is questionable, KK almost always a call but again, if 2 of the stacks are ultra low, then you may fold. AA is a call always.

This is ABC bubble strategy...

Munkster
12-17-2004, 11:52 PM
Right, if the stack size were indeed big stack/400/400/3000 then I would consider folding. However, in all other incidents I would be calling. If you are only calling with what you suggested I could be going allin on every hand and be getting huge + EV with you on bb.

I really do not think calling allin with AA KK and QQ (questionable) is ABC bubble strategy.

pshreck
12-17-2004, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Right, if the stack size were indeed big stack/400/400/3000 then I would consider folding. However, in all other incidents I would be calling. If you are only calling with what you said I am going to raising allin on you every hand and I'll be getting huge + EV.

I really do not think calling allin with AA KK and QQ (questionable) is ABC bubble strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Munk, read the various bubble threads in this forum and you will see that it is.

You have to understand why the blinds and the other stack sizes are the MOST important part of this question.

It is indeed ABC strategy in most situations, only tricky if you don't have any serious chip edge over the other 2 stacks and the blinds are small.

ESCaspian
12-18-2004, 12:58 AM
oops left out this part:

blinds 100/200

Total number of players : 4
Seat 2: utg (3650)
Seat 3: me (3315)
Seat 5: sb (1470)
Seat 6: bb (1565)
[ Kc, Ah ]

utg raises (3650) to 3650
utg is all-In.