PDA

View Full Version : Chip Design Help for a Photoshop/Illustrator Novice

Triple C
12-17-2004, 10:14 PM
To all my artistic 2+2 friends:

I'm trying to design some chips and I know there are lots of artists out there. I'd really appreciate some help with design because I'm a photoshop newbie.

What I'm looking for is basically a template that I can play around with the colors, edgespots, inlays, etc. If you have a file that has different layers that I can easily manipulate the colors, edgespots, size of inlay or something like that, it would be really helpful...Mostly I haven't had the time to figure out how to do all this. Like a normal stubborn guy, I insist on playing around with it, rather than reading a manual.

If you're willing to send me a photoshop or illustrator file, I'd be really grateful. I'm thinking about trying to organize a set of nice clays and maybe making a big group order, so I'll definitely post some proofs if I can get my artwork together.

Please email me and attach a file if you can help out. If you've got other advice, I'd love to hear it as well. Thanks in advance.

CCC

TripleCplayer@gmail.com

smoore
12-18-2004, 02:58 AM
I don't have a file like you describe, but if I were to make one I would:

-take someone's art the've posted here.
-make a copy blank, so that I figured out how to manipulate stuff.
-while making the blank, copy everything into layers so I knew how those worked.

by then you'll probably be fine with pshop. Illustrator is for vector line art and people like you and I have no real use for it.

Triple C
12-18-2004, 03:00 AM
Sounds good...I'll give it a shot in the meantime.

AgentJack
12-18-2004, 03:34 AM
I always wondered why people that have Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop don't know how to use the program. You would think that spending $600 on photoshop that they would know how to use the program. Of course, maybe they did not buy it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Triple C
12-18-2004, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I always wondered why people that have Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop don't know how to use the program. You would think that spending $600 on photoshop that they would know how to use the program. Of course, maybe they did not buy it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is that poker players are notoriously cheap. With that in mind, I take the 5th. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Slow Play Ray
12-18-2004, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Photoshop costs money? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

smoore
12-18-2004, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Photoshop costs money? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahaha, classic.