PDA

View Full Version : Praises to TGC Customer Support

Lawrence Ng
12-17-2004, 10:03 PM
Guys, I have to praise TGC for this. This is how to develop good customer relationship. With any product or service out there, there are always mistakes, trials, and errors made. Sure they must resolve these problems, but to take it a step and beyond and create a good rapport is something else. I hope these guys do get a bigger piece of the online poker pie, because they deserve it. So many other sites out there could care less.

By the way, TGC has fixed their rake structure and BRP I believe. I checked earlier and am now credited for the full BRP and rake count. So it looks like all is good.

Lawrence

<font color="blue"> Hi there Lawrence,

Thank you for your email.

We are aware of the problem that your total accumulated raked hands is still been calculated according to our old raked hand definition.

This means that you would have to make some for of contribution to the pot, for the game to be counted as a raked hand.

With the new raked hand definition, where you only have to be dealt cards, the pot must be raked and the rake must be 25c or more, it would be a lot easier to acquire raked hands.

Since there is the problem of the old raked hand definition still being in place, this means now that it is more difficult to enter a Freeroll with the total number of required raked hands been 100.

Also, as result our Bonus Redemption Points (BRP) are affected by this technical issue. The BRPs are being correctly calculated according to the new schedule but they are based on the old raked hand definition.

We realize that this situation is not ideal and we are doing everything to try and rectify the problem as quickly as possible.

As compensation for this problem, we are going to firstly update any outstanding raked hands / Bonus Redemption Points due to you, then credit your account with an additional 20% of the BRP bonus/es that you would have earned in this period.

For example, if you earned $100 in BRP bonuses from the time that you registered your account, till the time that the problem has been fixed, we will credit your account with an additional $20.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

We trust that this information has been of assistance, and we wish you luck in your future gaming with us.

Please be sure to keep up to date with our latest tournament information by clicking on the "Promotions and Events" button in the Poker Software.

Should you require further assistance and information, please feel free to contact our support desk. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your convenience.

Kind regards

Nadine

The Gaming Club Poker Room,

</font>

Synergistic Explosions
12-17-2004, 10:07 PM
You are lucky. My BRP's have gone to negative 9 now. I now need 309 points to clear my first $20. LOL

Rednax
12-17-2004, 10:10 PM
I agree. And I hope more sites will realize that good customer service can be cost effective. Here's an excerpt from an e-mail I sent to TGC earlier today:

[ QUOTE ]
....Even before today I've been very impressed with how good GC support has been, and yesterday I was noting that in an Internet Poker forum, 2+2 I think. I couldn't help comparing your quick and thorough, thoughtful responses to those of some other sites.

And now you've changed the BRP to something not only better but also easier to understand, which I think that is important to attracting and keeping newcomers and to how the general buzz is about GC among the playing community....

[/ QUOTE ]

Synergistic Explosions
12-17-2004, 10:14 PM
I'd agree its great they are being responsive and changing things for the better. However, I wish what they did actually worked. I hate playing all these games to clear the bonus and end up with negative BRP's for the effort!
Total Points Earned: -9

Total Bonus Points Paid Out: 0

Points until next Bonus: 309

Bonus Cash Remaining: 300