PDA

View Full Version : question on my play, and should I move up?

Alobar
12-17-2004, 08:38 PM
I would love to hear what some of the experienced 10/20 players have to say about this. As well as some of you guys have have tried the 10/20 and came back downt to the 5/10.

I'm thinking about moving up to the 10/20 6max games. Over my last 40K 5/10 hands I've averaged 2.4BB/100 hands, while 4 tabling. I've also been posting lots of hands on here, and have even had a coach go over blocks of my hands (which was incredibly insiteful). I don't feel the hands I post here are the best indicator of my game, as I post the hand where I think I played like a tard. But they are definately indicitave of my weaknesses.

I've definately been on a good run lately (4.5bb/100 over last 16K hands) but I also think that the first 15K or so hands in my sample I was on a bad run, and still adjusting from full ring. So I think (or at least like to think, heh) that my 2.4bb/100 is an indicator that I am at least a 2bb/100 5/10 multitabler.

Bankroll isn't really a concern as I have over 500BB at the 10/20 level. What I'm asking basically is some brutal honesty from some of you with more experience who have read my posts and from my current stats. Am I ready for the 10/20 game? Or should I stick it out at 5/10 for another 40K hands and then see how I'm standing win rate wise?

And don't tell me to move up, just cuz you want another fish in the pond /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Any and all comments are as always greatly appreciated...thanks

kiddo
12-18-2004, 06:55 AM
Always tricky to say if anyone is ready, because moving up got a lot to do with being good at adapting to a new texture, not so much with facing better players. I just wrote about it in a thread:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1400868&page=0&view=e xpanded&sb=5&o=14

It is 95% sure u are winning 2.4BB+-1.5BB (I dont know your SD but I guessed and it isnt very important for this). So, yes, u are probably a winner, but hard to know how much. If u play another 40K it will be 95% +-1BB.

You are definetley better then the average 10/20 player. In an earlier post u said u had a hard time winning the first 15K at 5/10. Maybe u was on a bad run, maybe u dont adapt to a new structure very fast, or maybe both. Difference between 5/10 and 10/20 is that u will be much more under fire trying to adapt this time.

I would not suggest moving up for good. Take 100BB at the new level and try. If u hit a good run, fine, if u loose them, go down and play another 10-20K and try again. No need to rush, u were struggling with 5/10 only a few months ago and the players at 10/20 will not dissapear if u wait 1 or 2 months before definetley moving up.