PDA

View Full Version : 2-3-2

12-12-2001, 10:16 PM
Up to seven players:

Everyone antes, gets two cards each. Starting at dealers left, players declare IN or OUT. Those who are IN show each other their cards (sliding them face down clockwise around the table) and figure out who has the best hand. The best 2-card hand wins the pot (22 beats AK). The others who declared IN must match the pot.

Everyone stays in the deal, regardless of whether they were IN or OUT.

Everyone re-antes (except those who match the pot) and get three more cards each, to make five. Starting at dealers left, players declare IN or OUT. Those who are IN show each other their cards. The best 5-card poker hand wins the pot. The others who declared IN must match the pot.

Everyone re-antes (except those who match the pot) and get two more cards each, to make seven. Starting at dealers left, players declare IN or OUT. Those who are IN show each other their cards. Actually they can just flip em up now. The best 5-card poker hand (from their 7) wins the pot. The others who declared IN must match the pot.

Often a pot remains for the next deal. Deal passes to the left and it starts over.

You can be IN or OUT on any round regardless of what you did on previous rounds. (One deal equals three rounds).

You can put a cap on the match (e.g. 100 antes).

Try it, you'll like it.

Any comments.

Dirk

12-12-2001, 11:19 PM
So by declaring in on the early (cheaper) round, you might get a look at what some other players start with? Is the declare simultaneous?

G

12-13-2001, 03:09 AM
So you cannot fold at any point?

12-13-2001, 01:38 PM
Standard rule is you cannot fold at any point. You must ante each round. Of course you can modify this. Maybe say you can bail out at end of any deal. (If you let people bail after they see two cards, it can kill the action.) In any case it is usually worth anteing to have an interest in a pot someone else put in there.

The declare is not simultaneous. It starts at the dealer's left. (Of cousre the deal rotates.) You could do it simultaneously, but cyclically is more interesting. Obviously early position is a disadvantage, but this evens out as the deal rotates.

I don't think it is worth being IN on 2 cards, just to see the other hands.

Dirk

12-13-2001, 02:29 PM
this is very similar to a post i made below, but i've played this as 3-5-7 and 3s, 5s, 7s are wild respectively.

what happens when only one person stays?

the "round the table, man or mouse method" puts interesting pressure on the last 2-3 seats (assuming the early guys have to stick to their initial decision) although i've seen the game played declare and people think its more fair simply because if the game doesn't go all the way around, at least one guy doesn't have the chance to deal it and be in the kicker for all 3 declarations.

12-13-2001, 05:12 PM
A variation on cyclic declaration reduces dealer advantage. After the first `IN', declaration continues clockwise all the way back around to the player on the first-IN-player's right.

If no-one declares in, then pot stays, all re-ante, and deal continues.

Dirk