PDA

View Full Version : Hand with an aggressive player and a calling station

Hallett
12-17-2004, 07:20 PM
BB is very loose and very passive. Mp2 is a bit on the loose side, and very aggressive. My thoughts will follow. I am looking for advice on the flop and turn.

Thanks!

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (14 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP2 has 8d 9d (two pair, nines and eights).
BB has Jc 3h (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: MP2 wins 16 BB. </font>

J.R.
12-17-2004, 07:30 PM
check-call, check-call? Your flop 3-bet is pretty bad (it may drive out the BB) and your turn bet sucks (you have up to 15 outs and 47 unknown cards, so no value bet with only 2 opponents even when all your outs are clean and available), and there is no chance you increase your winning % with a bet and also face a high probabaility you will be raised, which damages your implied odds.

Hallett
12-17-2004, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
check-call, check-call? Your flop 3-bet is pretty bad (it may drive out the BB) and your turn bet sucks (you have up to 15 outs and 47 unknown cards, so no value bet with only 2 opponents even when all your outs are clean and available), and there is no chance you increase your winning % with a bet and also face a high probabaility you will be raised, which damages your implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. This is exactly what I thought. I was 3-tabling, and got off track with this hand. The flop is bad, and when I saw the turn, I did not put enough thought into it, and bet. The reason I posted this was to hear it from someone else. This is the worst played hand in my last few sessions, and I wanted to get a good smack in the head. If I do something like this again, I will have to drop a table (ore even two). This was stinky.

I appreciate it!