PDA

View Full Version : AKs when do I let it go? (Against super LAG)

ghostface
12-17-2004, 06:02 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Villain is 95/57, yes 95% VPIP and 57% PFR for over 100 hands.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB <font color="#A500AF">(Villain)</font> caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

I felt great about this flop. Only thing that I thought could beat me was a T.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls.

From here its just dodging bullets or getting lucky.

River: (9.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls.

Missed but not really feeling any better or worse with the J.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

When in the hell do I fold this? Or did I do all right?

prox
12-17-2004, 06:29 PM
You can't really let this one go.. you know this guy is a nutjob who will bet anything. You have 9.25 BB at the river , so you need to feel like you have a 9% chance of having the best hand in order to break even.

Based on what you know about the guy and the board texture, I think you have more than a 40% chance of having the best hand here. Have to call this.

Even if you wanted to give this up before the river, the pot is so big that you're commited to a showdown against even a solid player.

dfscott
12-17-2004, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I felt great about this flop. Only thing that I thought could beat me was a T.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? What about any pocket pair?

How does villain play post-flop -- aggressive or passive? In any case, if I'm going to keep playing, I raise the flop to see how much he likes his hand.

bisonbison
12-17-2004, 07:09 PM
Will he also tend to cap with nothing?

I think this is fine.