PDA

View Full Version : Tough Decision...

ddss6_99
12-17-2004, 05:33 PM
It has just recently come to my attention how shady my home game really is. Let me go into detail for you...First, we have one guy (posted about him before) who stacks the deck. Then, there's these other 2 people who will sneakily (or so they think) switch cards in order to give the other the best hand. Then we have one kid who tries to look at peoples cards alot. Another person who switches cards with the two card switcher to get an advantage and also sometimes "drops" cards onto the floor next to him for later usage. And then there's two honest people, one of which is myself. I'm getting really pissed off my all the antics going on at my home game. It's ridiculous considering we don't even play for large sums of money at all. All of the culluding, signaling, card switching, and rigging is bullsh*t that shouldn't happen in what's supposed to be a "friendly home game" I'm looking for a little advice. They're all people I've known for years so if at all possible I'd like to try to stay friends. I've narrowed it down to a few choiced (see poll below) your advice would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. I still finish up $ most of the time so it's not really that I'm getting screwed out of money even though I'm sure I'd make more w/o all the BS, but it's the principal of the thing.

Yobz
12-17-2004, 05:37 PM
Beat their assess.

Cleveland Guy
12-17-2004, 05:49 PM
If you want to be friends with Cheaters - just tell them you can't make it a couple weeks in a row. Then you will just quietly exit the game.

A better questions is why do you want to remain friends with people who get this kick out of cheating? If it's not for the money, it makes me wonder what else they are sly about?

ddss6_99
12-17-2004, 06:00 PM
I've known these people for over 10 years, so it's hard to just say "screw them" and no longer have contact with them. I'll be the first to admit that most of these people are shady as well outside of poker, but I don't think their intentions are malicious. Maybe I'm just kind of denying it because I've known them for so long. I'd love to catch them in the middle of it though because I think if brought up, it could end it.

NLSoldier
12-17-2004, 06:08 PM
Why don't you just be like, "HEY MORONS, STOP [censored] CHEATING, IT IS INCREDIBLY GAY SO JUST STOP DOING IT"

If that doesn't do the trick then just leave the game and advise the one other non-cheater to do the same. Once they realize that all of the players in the game are now cheating they will see just how dumb it is and get bored of it really fast.

MarkL444
12-17-2004, 06:09 PM
are these your friends? they sound like pretty lame people.

adamstewart
12-17-2004, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you just be like, "HEY MORONS, STOP [censored] CHEATING, IT IS INCREDIBLY GAY SO JUST STOP DOING IT"

If that doesn't do the trick then just leave the game and advise the one other non-cheater to do the same. Once they realize that all of the players in the game are now cheating they will see just how dumb it is and get bored of it really fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was looking for that type of option in the poll.

I second NLSoldier's opinion.

Why don't you mention that you know they are all cheating? Point out what each player specifically does, as you mentioned in your original post.

Adam

dogmeat
12-17-2004, 07:00 PM
You are playing with a whole table of assholes who are all cheating? "But I don't think their intention are malicious" ??? LMAO

Your choices are:

Stay friends with the assholes and keep playing.

Find some people you can trust.

Get a clue.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

ddss6_99
12-17-2004, 07:13 PM
HAHA guess I did kind of contradict myself didn't I. It seems the common opinion is to cut all ties with them, butI guess it's hard to understand unless you know the people personally. Yeah they may be douchebags, but we still have eachothers back. It's not easy for an 18 year old in his senior year in highschool to just dump his friend, you know what I'm saying? I guess I'll just stop playing poker with them and let them all screw eachother over. Doesn't really matter to me as I'd make more money playing online than I ever would in our home game anyway.