PDA

View Full Version : Mistakes per hundred hands?

aflaba
12-17-2004, 03:04 PM
Here is an interesting question.

-----
How many mistakes that you know of do you make per hundred hands do you make?
-----

Count both you big stupid mistakes and you smaller - but still significant - mistakes.

I myself make probably 1-2 really stupid mistakes per hudred hands. For example I often bluff a player who never folds when it is obvious I should check-fold. On top of that I also make probably another 2-3 smaller mistakes, where I maybe bet out, but later realize it would have been much better to check raise.

I have attached a poll. But feel free to write down and describe your answers instead. "Real" messages are much more interesting to read than polls are.

By the way, as a side note. Why do you think you make mistakes? I myself blame insufficient strategic knowledge with taking to short time to think and being lazyish.

tripdad
12-17-2004, 06:39 PM
looks as if you are all alone so far in your level of expertise. i answered 5-6, but it could easily be more.

cheers!

stripsqueez
12-17-2004, 08:33 PM
i reckon i would average around 1 obvious mistake every 100 hands and perhaps 2-3 less obvious mistakes - the problem with answering how many is A)knowing that you made them and B)seperating usual operating cost from mistakes

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

EliteNinja
12-18-2004, 05:32 AM
I answered 3-4.
But it's probably worse.
I think it's costing me at 1-2 limit, though.

aflaba
12-20-2004, 11:55 AM
Sorry it has taken me several days to reply. Poker has not been on my mind lately.

According to what I have written in my post I make 3-5 mistakes per hundred hands. That makes me pretty much the median among the players who have answered the poll, not exceptional. I answered 3-4.

Of course I probably make a few more that I am unaware of, and also I probably make a few desitions that I think are marginal, but that are losers.

I know I am not an expert. Thank you for being polite in your berating :-)

aflaba
12-20-2004, 12:00 PM
"A)knowing that you made them and B)seperating usual operating cost from mistakes"

True. The better the player, the less mistakes he does, but at the same time he is able to identify more % of them.

So people's answers on this poll do not relate directly to how well they play, and how many mistakes they realy make.

But still I think it is has been interesting to see the results. I don't know why really, but I do find it interesting.

aslowjoe
12-20-2004, 01:19 PM
I the last week I have checked the river on a nut str8.
Flat called a bet on the river with a fullhouse.
The best 3 bet a 4card str8 on the river.
When 3 and 4 tabling I think my mistakes run closer to 10 but still more profitable then playing 1 or 2.