PDA

View Full Version : Misplayed QT to Whackyland?

wuarhg
12-17-2004, 02:49 PM
Villain is 88/4, only 40 hands.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Here I really didn't know if he was defending his blind or if he had a hand? Gutshot and maybe 2 outs for the overcard or overcards since I don't know how far behind I am. If I even was behind, but most likely I was or am?!

Turn: (4.16 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Now I can't fold, I might have the best hand and I have a gutshot and twopair draw to go with it, if he has a worse hand I'll let him bet it for me

River: (6.16 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Boom boom!

Final Pot: 8.16 BB

ErrantNight
12-17-2004, 03:15 PM
was he LAGgy postflop?

don't mind a fold on the flop, but a lil weak. it's a small pot, and as evidenced by your turn play you're not confident raising if you hit your top pair, so only a 9 really sits well.

don't mind a raise on the turn, but a lil aggressive. you might be ahead, you wouldn't mind another shot at a 9 (maybe a Q, or even a T), you might be behind. don't want to scare him off if bluffing.

gotta call the river at this point.

good preflop.

i'm inclined to believe a guy that doesn't raise that much preflop, but plays a lot of hands, calls without much, but his raise says something. he might be betting down that J, or less likely, TT, but i think the call on the flop is close, since otherwise you're committed to calling down, you don't have a hand that can show down without improvement, and that pot is still small from when i started this rambling argument.

wuarhg
12-17-2004, 04:49 PM
Needless to say I got lucky and he showed me TT. Next time i'll be more careful about the flop play.

Sarge85
12-17-2004, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (4.16 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Now I can't fold, I might have the best hand and I have a gutshot and twopair draw to go with it, if he has a worse hand I'll let him bet it for me

[/ QUOTE ]

Your damn right you can't fold. What I can't figure out is why you didn't raise.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

StellarWind
12-17-2004, 05:55 PM
Flop call is clearly correct. You will make another 3 BB on the big streets if you spike the gutshot. 13-1 is adequate implied odds to play a gutshot.

Of course I've assumed he has a strong hand that will bet the turn and payoff the raise. If that isn't true you often have other outs and may have an undeserved free card coming. Either way you have the odds to call the flop.

There are also 0.5 outs for the backdoor Broadway.

Turn raise/call decision looks close.