PDA

View Full Version : First game with the "Suits"

Lumpy
12-17-2004, 01:34 PM
Did the Suits treat you kindly in your first game with them? Used them for the first time last night and I was up $70 for the evening. It's got to be the chips!

TenPercenter
12-17-2004, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did the Suits treat you kindly in your first game with them? Used them for the first time last night and I was up $70 for the evening. It's got to be the chips!

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I can't see the vote without voting, and I don't have any suits chips. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ten

Lumpy
12-17-2004, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I can't see the vote without voting, and I don't have any suits chips. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about that. I thought everyone ordered a set. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Too late to edit. We have 2 winners so far.

CaptLego
12-17-2004, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Sorry about that. I thought everyone ordered a set. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Too late to edit. We have 2 winners so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

It hat how it works? The chips pay for themselves? Sweeeeet!

smoore
12-18-2004, 02:36 AM
yeah, you forgot two entries:
A) what the hell are you talking about?
B) don't rub it in our faces, you insensitive clod!

TabascoJRC
12-18-2004, 03:51 AM
It was a good evening. A nice xmas party in our new house. Merry Margaritas for all. and a small game of poker afterwards. And The gods shined upon my side of the table as I was not just a winner, but the Big winner of the evening.

Nothing but rave reviews of the chips.

Spook
12-18-2004, 07:18 AM
Horror of horrors, I haven't gotten my chips yet. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Slow Play Ray
12-18-2004, 11:34 AM
I got the samples I ordered yesterday - these things are like little works of art. Beautiful work Tabasco! I think the spade will become my card protector, even though I've nevver used a card protector before.

warewulf
12-20-2004, 04:26 PM
I got to break in the new chips last night! Made $30. Not bad for a $40 buy-in. Had much more, but blew it as the night went on. One hand that I made a lot on was Omaha --
I had K K 9 4 (suits not important). Flop came 9 blank 9. Blank on the turn, 4th nine on the river! Not only did I have Kings full before the last nine, there was Aces full, 10's full, and Queens full! I say the chips generated the action! There seemed to be lots of huge pots last night. Another person hit quad 3's. People liked having huge stacks of chips.

Funny thing though -- When I asked what everyone thought about the chips, they all like them, but one mentioned he missed the Casbah Club chips (tr king) and another agreed that he liked them. So I'll have to rotate those in every few weeks.

I did notice that even after one night the Chipcos didn't seem as rough on the surfaces.

Slow Play Ray
12-20-2004, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One hand that I made a lot on was Omaha --
I had K K 9 4 (suits not important). Flop came 9 blank 9. Blank on the turn, 4th nine on the river! Not only did I have Kings full before the last nine, there was Aces full, 10's full, and Queens full!

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain to me how you had Kings full before the last nine? If I'm not mistaken, you said board was 9x9x9 - which gave you trip nines, not Kings full. You got special house rules for Omaha or something? Or was one of the "x" a King?

Johnny5
12-20-2004, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had K K 9 4 (suits not important). Flop came 9 blank 9. Blank on the turn, 4th nine on the river! Not only did I have Kings full before the last nine, there was Aces full, 10's full, and Queens full! I say the chips generated the action! There seemed to be lots of huge pots last night. Another person hit quad 3's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kings full before the last 9? Those chips must really be good!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

J5

warewulf
12-20-2004, 05:27 PM
You're right, would have been 9's full of kings, not kings full if I didn't have the 4th 9. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm kinda out it today because I was up until 2:00 am playing. The blanks were low cards and low didn't make it because of the 3 9's on the board, so there was even more money from missed low hands.

Slow Play Ray
12-20-2004, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're right, would have been 9's full of kings, not kings full if I didn't have the 4th 9. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm kinda out it today because I was up until 2:00 am playing. The blanks were low cards and low didn't make it because of the 3 9's on the board, so there was even more money from missed low hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to be a jerk here, but...you might want to check into the rules of Omaha - you have to use exactly 2 of your hole cards and 3 of the board cards to make the best 5 card poker hand - which means you only had trip 9s until the riv!

warewulf
12-20-2004, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're right, would have been 9's full of kings, not kings full if I didn't have the 4th 9.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to be a jerk here, but...you might want to check into the rules of Omaha - you have to use exactly 2 of your hole cards and 3 of the board cards to make the best 5 card poker hand - which means you only had trip 9s until the riv!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was trying to say in the quote above. Would have been 9's full of kings w/o the 4th nine, yes on the river. I would have gotten killed by the 9's w/ aces. That's the best part about Omaha -- if there's 2 to a low and low doesn't make it, high cleans up!