PDA

View Full Version : AA scary flop

Kips Bay Kid
12-17-2004, 12:11 PM
You are in EP with AA and $91 and are playing at a $100 max NL table that has been playing pretty loose - lots of negative chit chat as well if that matters, blinds are $0.50/$1.00

You raise to $4 and get 3 callers making the pot $16. You have all of the callers covered.

Flop is TTK what do you lead out with?

elnino12
12-17-2004, 12:29 PM
I either like to check with the intent of check-raising here or bet the pot with 3 players yet to act. If you are raised or insta-called, watch out, but this is a hand I might go broke with. Only hands you have to worry about are KK, A10, or a 10 in someone's suited connectors depending on how loose this table is. You've still got a very good hand, and a pot-sized bet on the flop will tell you immediately where you are. Someone with a 10 might minraise you, someone with KK or TT will smooth-call, and someone with AK might either call or raise you here as well--after the flop bet, your play really depends heavily on reads and how well you know your opponents. Hope it worked out for you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kips Bay Kid
12-17-2004, 12:48 PM
so you lead out with a pot sized bet of $16 and get raised $10 (all-in) by one of the guys that was yammering in chat - call or fold?

elnino12
12-17-2004, 12:54 PM
An all-in is probably either AK, QJ, or 10x. With $32 in the pot, and only $10 more to call--I call every time here with AA, but that's just me. You can't always play scared, and if you can't afford to lose $10 more on this hand, then maybe you shouldn't be at this limit. Interestingly enough, if there was a huge raise or a smooth-call, I'd actually be more worried.

Jonny
12-17-2004, 01:13 PM
I would also lead out for 15 bucks and call the remaining 10...100% of the time.

Kips Bay Kid
12-17-2004, 01:37 PM
it was a bad beat story - sorry for the post - I lead out for $26 to get heads up with the chit chat tool, turns out he flopped quads and I doubled him up.

Fortunately I got most of it back a few hands later, I had 44 (1 spade) flop is three spades (T high), I check into him on the flop he bets like $3 - turn is a blank, he bets $10 and I check raised him for $35 in which he folded (JJ he says, no spade). So I got some of it back.

elnino12
12-17-2004, 01:41 PM
Nice play there, and there's not much you can do about flopped quads...I hope you complemented him for the nice hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif