PDA

View Full Version : F-ing New England Weather Rant

2planka
12-17-2004, 11:32 AM
Two years in a row, we get 1/10 of an inch of snow at 5:30 a.m. and it snarls traffic in the Boston area. WTF? Last year it took me FIVE HOURS to get to work when this happened. This year I just turned around and went home for a couple hours, then fought my way in over two hours.

You'd think the DPW and Mass Highway would know there's such a thing as radar and weather reports, for crying out loud.

I feel much better now.

daryn
12-17-2004, 11:33 AM
people are the worst.

2planka
12-17-2004, 11:34 AM
I thought the drivers were pretty patient. It's the damn bureaucrats who failed to send out the salt shakers to prevent the roads from icing up... they deserve a swift kick in the junk.

Toro
12-17-2004, 12:26 PM
I left Worcester at 7:50 this morning for Milford. It usually takes me 30 minutes. I usually take the back road, Grafton Street(Route 122) to Route 140.

As I'm approaching the Mass Pike entrance in Millbury the traffic is all backed up on Rte 122. I got the brilliant idea to get on the Mass Pike to Route 495 and go into Milford that way which usually takes the exact sme amount of time as the back road but i like the back road because it's more scenic and relaxing.

What a fcuking mistake. I get to within 4 miles of the 495 exit and traffic is bumper to bumper grid lock. It took me 90 minutes to get to work. People, if you can't drive in the snow/ice, STAY THE FCKU HOME!!!

2planka
12-17-2004, 12:47 PM
Everyone was patient except Toro, that is.

The ride to Bedford was slow, but not nearly as bad as that storm last year. Took the Warden three hours to get to Natick.

bosoxfan
12-17-2004, 01:10 PM
Worcester to Leominster took me about an hour usually 30 minutes. Park Ave was a sheet of ice.

2planka
12-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Took me that long to get from Newton Ave North to Park Ave on Salisbury this morning. Turned around, popped into 4wd and went back home for two hours.

Of course there was no news coverage either. NECN was in reruns and the boston stations had no clue how bad the roads were.

Time to move to SoCal.

BettyBoopAA
12-17-2004, 02:52 PM
I moved to LA from Waltham last June. 75 degrees and sunny today, I live close to work so I don't have to drive in traffic.

Go Pats!

Toro
12-17-2004, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I moved to LA from Waltham last June. 75 degrees and sunny today, I live close to work so I don't have to drive in traffic.

Go Pats!

[/ QUOTE ]

As TSC would say, stfu.

2planka
12-17-2004, 02:57 PM
75 and sunny. We had one of those days this year.

ThaSaltCracka
12-17-2004, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Go Pats!

[/ QUOTE ]

As TSC would say, stfu.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, yes I would say this. Very much called for as well.

Lazymeatball
12-17-2004, 04:33 PM
Why would you get on 495 at that hour? I'll take Grafton roads with schoolbusses and snow over any major highway in Central Mass. Try 122s, to Bridge St, to 140 North, to East St. To Institue rd, to North street, to Grafton Common to 140 south on days you wish to avoid the 'downtown' Grafton clog. Not really shorter, but so much less annoying and more interesting.

Toro
12-17-2004, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you get on 495 at that hour? I'll take Grafton roads with schoolbusses and snow over any major highway in Central Mass. Try 122s, to Bridge St, to 140 North, to East St. To Institue rd, to North street, to Grafton Common to 140 south on days you wish to avoid the 'downtown' Grafton clog. Not really shorter, but so much less annoying and more interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, never again. But I couldn't even get into Grafton it was backed up so far. I wasn't thinking, should have taken Wheelock Ave in East Millbury and went to Grafton the back way.

Lazymeatball
12-17-2004, 04:41 PM
Grafton backroads are so much fun, apart from the occassional pedestrian or new housing development, you have the road all to yourself.

Toro
12-17-2004, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Grafton backroads are so much fun, apart from the occassional pedestrian or new housing development, you have the road all to yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I know the town oh so well as my father built a house there in 1950(the same house where both my parents, thank God, still reside) and I lived their all my young life before going off to College.