PDA

View Full Version : Missed flop, out of postion - again

mack848
12-17-2004, 10:50 AM
This happened repeatedly last night.

I have 2 big cards UTG or in the blinds; raise and get 1 passive caller.
I miss the flop, I have one or two overcards, but no other draws.

So, I've got up to 6 outs if behind, but I think I'm in the lead about half the time (??). When I add the chance that he might fold bottom pair, I assume I must bet the flop.

I bet, he calls. But he always does - he could have the flimsiest of draws; or trips - and I've got a high card.

I am confident that he will fold to a turn bet without at least a pair, but this line costs me 1.5BB from the flop each time to find out.

When out of position, what's your line against passive players who will flop call with anything down to a gutshot? Repeatedly check folding the turn unimproved seems too weak - but is it correct?

kiddo
12-17-2004, 12:04 PM
About 60% he didnt hit pair or got a pocketpair and u are betting 1 to win 5, so its very obvious u have to bet this flop 100%.

If turnboard is very drawish or otherwise scary like all cards in playing zone (A-9) and u still only got 6 outs I would sometimes checkfold, especially if he is not betting a draw behind. But default with good overcards against someone always calling flop is another bet. U are investing 1 to win 4 + 6 outs + your hand sometimes is good even if he calls turnbet, so if he folds something like 1/6 its proably EV+ turnbet.

When u are running bad they are always calling turn with a better hand and when u are running good they are miracolously folding every turn. If u have been running very bad the calling stations are calling u even more, so then u should bet a little less (not much).