PDA

View Full Version : EmpirePoker wants to fund Washington Nationals Stadium

ceczar
12-17-2004, 09:55 AM
Wash Times (http://washingtontimes.com/national/20041216-115729-6644r.htm)

Haven't seen this posted yet. thought it was interesting, however unlikely.

Kevmath
12-17-2004, 12:12 PM
I guess Empire wanted to get the cheap pop first, as it's usually GoldenPalace.com who creates the wacky offer first (Buying the Phoenix Suns, ghost canes, Virgin Mary toast, etc.)

Kevin...

Victor
12-17-2004, 12:44 PM
thats just awesom......

TruePoker CEO
12-17-2004, 02:47 PM
It will not happen.

Last year, Major League Baseball put out a memo scrapping proposed and current promotions related to baseball by online poker sites.

Truepoker had placed signs, using a Flush theme, in all the mens rooms in Yankee Stadium. They were taken down within about 6 hours of the MLB memo appearing.

Another site had apparently tried to get its logos placed on second base and/or home plate with some team..... which prompted the memo from MLB)

MicroBob
12-17-2004, 09:13 PM
I thought I saw an online-promo billboard (maybe golden palace) in either Toronto's or Montreal's stadium. Not sure though.

you could try the 'alternative' route that golden-palace took during Monday Night Football.
They had a guy in the end-zone with a big 'GoldenPalace.com' poster that he would hold up when there was a FG or xtra-point try.

Gramps
12-17-2004, 09:54 PM
So you could combine the three great American past-times of gambling, baseball, and drinking? Sounds like an All-American plan to me.

I heard ex-drug czar and moral conservative William Bennett is staunchly opposed to the plan unless slot machines are added as well...

TruePoker CEO
12-18-2004, 06:32 PM
The Expos stadium billboard was from Golden Palace.

Well, your suggestion is a good one.

(If anyone is interested in holding up a poster/billboard or wearing gear for Truepoker.com at a nationally televised poker or sports program in North America, Europe or Australia , please contact me at management@truepoker.com. We likely could arrange for a pay-for-performance deal. In other words, you tell us before hand, we agree and see it on air, we pay you $ X. We would be especially interested in the College Bowl games coverage.)

Truepoker Management

MicroBob
12-18-2004, 08:32 PM
Holy Crap!!

I was only (mostly) kidding.
Guess I'm smarter than I realized.

There is a slim chance I might attend either the Independence Bowl (I went to Miami, Ohio) or the Liberty Bowl (because it's practically in my backyard).
But even if the weather is nice I probably won't get around to it. If the weather sucks then NO WAY.

If it's a last minute thing I might be stuck with end-zone seats so there actually would be possibilities.

Glad you liked the suggestion.

Randy_Refeld
12-19-2004, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(I went to Miami, Ohio)

[/ QUOTE ]

And here I thought you were an alright guy.

RR (owner of a shirt that says "Muck Fiami" on the front and "Friends don't let friends go to Miami" on the back

MicroBob
12-19-2004, 01:30 AM
The Bobcats suck.

I grew up in Oxford (the one in Ohio) as well.

Randy_Refeld
12-19-2004, 01:31 AM
At least we didn't change our name for no reason. I grew up in Athens, so we may have to just fight.

RR

MicroBob
12-19-2004, 10:03 AM
Actually, I was not that bothered by the name change.

Miami University officials, true to their word, went into the process of changing the name (from Redskins to RedHawks) the instant the actual Miami Indian tribe in Miami, Oklahoma decided they no longer felt that good about it.

Previously there had been a decree in 1971 stating that the tribe approved of the name....but once they changed their minds (times and opinions and awareness of such things changes I guess) the university changed it in 1997.

The university knew they were going to take a funding hit from ticked-off alums but they did it anyway to keep their promise.

Anyway, the Bobcats still suck.

CptMisery
12-23-2004, 03:45 PM
I thought Pete Rose already did this!

Scotch78
12-25-2004, 07:23 AM
You're both a disgrace. I can't believe you were both born Buckeyes, stayed in Ohio for college, and yet neither of you attended the real school.

Scott (Representing THE Ohio University)

Danielih
12-25-2004, 04:16 PM
Well I'll be at the ACC tournament but I am not sure how the I love truepoker shirt is gonna look next to my fck duke shirt.